UPS jeer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aces-High

I know we have complained about USPS in the past and some companies have even changed their preferences from USPS to UPS, but it looks like ups has lost a shipment of mine from fpnibs that is worth close to $400. They have started an investigation as to where the package is, but I don't know how much faith I have that it will be found.

Jason

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

When I lived "North of Houston" it seemed UPS felt successful if they delivered an item to the right neighborhood. Good neighbors were critical to take each other's packages to them. Here in small town Indiana UPS does quiet well. USPS is next best and FedEx is still better than in the bigger cities but provides the most entertainment when Willy comes around the corner. UPS sits stuff on my truck, USPS will keep walking and come by tomorrow. FedEx will toss a package towards the house as they are running. Willy has a big bark for only 135 pounds. They must be afraid of St Bernards.

However, UPS seldom could figure out what happened to missing packages. USPS generally knew where it was.

Darrin

The exact same thing happened to me about a year ago.
They claim it was delivered but if the driver says he delivered it, and he went to the wrong house, it's your word against theirs.
Frustrating.

sbwertz

When I lived "North of Houston" it seemed UPS felt successful if they delivered an item to the right neighborhood. Good neighbors were critical to take each other's packages to them. Here in small town Indiana UPS does quiet well. USPS is next best and FedEx is still better than in the bigger cities but provides the most entertainment when Willy comes around the corner. UPS sits stuff on my truck, USPS will keep walking and come by tomorrow. FedEx will toss a package towards the house as they are running. Willy has a big bark for only 135 pounds. They must be afraid of St Bernards.

However, UPS seldom could figure out what happened to missing packages. USPS generally knew where it was.
One day I was out in the yard working in my garden when I noticed my 215lb Saint Bernard trot over to the fence beside the utility room, and sit down, facing the fence. I was intrigued, so I just stood there and watched him. Then I saw the gas meter reader's head and binoculars appear over the fence trying to read the meter a few feet away. Rufus went straight up on his hind legs eyeball to binoculars and went WOOF. There was a loud crash and I went running around outside the fence to see what had happened. He had thrown himself backwards off my two foot high retaining wall and landed on his scooter.

Rufus was a big boy. The vet had to take him out and weigh him on the horse scale because his dog scale only went to two hundred pounds.

Brooks803

Hopefully UPS will take it seriously and not just mark it as a loss. I had a similar issue with a FPnibs order a couple years ago. Only this was through DHL and worth over 3k. It was marked delivered and even had a picture of the package on the front porch...only it wasn't my porch! It took days to track it down and I have to admit DHL went above and beyond to find it. I had a local rep from Atl (3hr drive) come out daily to give me in person updates. Turned out it was delivered to a neighbor that never uses their front door so they never saw it till company came over. They walked it over and all was good. Hopefully yours is a similar situation!

Top Bottom