uploading photots

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenPauli

Help, I've been trying to upload my pen pics with my new digital
camera but it keeps telling me my file is too big. I've lowered my
camera setting to the lowest setting which is 1.7 megapixel and that lowers the picture to about 325k. The pictures have to be lower that 150 how do I do it? As always thanks for your help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

write-n-style

Go to MS and down load power toys.
It includes image resizer
Once you install it,right click on the picture you want to upload.
click on small, go to advanced,click on smaller not bigger,and resize originals don't make copies.
That should get you uploaded.
No need to reduce the resolution.
The bigger the better, the image resizer does the rest.

pen-turners

paul,
use a photo editor. Do your cropping and editing. Your last step should be to drop your dpi settings to 97 which is the max seen on a computer screen. You don't need them any bigger unless you want to print or edit afterwards. Then just adjust the picture size to get it under the limit. Hope this helps.

WoodChucker

Also, if your using WindowsXP, right click on the file and when the menu pops up,select resize pictures and then make sure the top box is checked for 640X480 and hit OK. This will make a smaller copy of your photo and you will still have the original.

PenPauli

I have tried all of these options and still no luck yet. I'm not great with a computer but when I right click on the file I don't see resize anywhere. I have also downloaded that powertoys program and I am still having problems. I know its just me but this is driving me nuts.

Doghouse

Download Jasc Paint Shop pro demo.

1. picture -resize set to 800 X 600 or smaller
2. click one touch photo fix. (enhances the pic 90% of the time correctly.)
3. Click file save as, optomize, run wizard, adjust compression until it is the size needed.
4. enter file name and save.

5. go to store an purchase when you realize how easy it is to use.

PenPauli

Ah hah I think that is one of my problems. I did find a program to get my pics below 150kbs but it says they must be jpeg files. Although they do end in .jpg? Maybe I'll surrender and ask my wife how to do it. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom