Update on Amy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mick

I'm sure most of you remember Connie's earlier post about the carjacking of her daughter and the surgery she went through after being shot while escaping. She came home two weeks ago only to go back to the hospital less than a week later with an infection in a pocket of fluid which by the way had a drain in it. She spent 7 more days in the hospital while they did CT scans and cultured the infection to determine which antibotic to place her on. Doctors sent her home last Thursday repositioned drain still in place and on antibotics. Amy went back for a follow up CT scan Tuesday and back again Wednesday to see the doctor and get the results of the scan. The fluid pockets showed a 30% reduction and the antibotics appear to be working. She's starting to stay up longer and wanting to actually go places. She's in good spirits and trying to gain back the weight she lost. She's to go back to the Doctor in 2 weeks and they'll evaluate the drainage once again. If it's better no further surgery will be necessary. If not they may have to go in and irrigate ther pockets to try and get rid of any remaining infection.
We're believing that this won't be necessary. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers and believe with us!
This has been kind of long but I wanted to let y'all know how much all your thoughts and prayers have meant to her and to us. As I stated on similar post this is like one big extended family who can come to each other in times like this. Thanks to all of you for everything and I'll keep you updated on her progress.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Mike,
Please give Amy a hug from us, and give Connie one too. I'm sure it hasn't been easy for any of you, most of all Amy. Please also tell her that we're all proud of the progress she's making!

PenWorks

Thanks Mike for the update. Amy is young & strong and will pull through this. Unlike our old bones that don't heal [:D]
She is still in our thoughts and prayers, as is your whole family.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Mike,

It is great to hear that Amy is improving, albeit slowly. Give both of your ladies a big hug from the group.

BTW, I'm sure Amy is too pretty to accept 20 pounds of weight that would come from Bill's body! [:D][}:)][:D]

airrat

I am glad to hear she is doing better. Give her a big hug for us and remind her of how special she is. She is a winner and can succeed at anything if she puts her mind to it. This proves it.

Jerryconn

That great news Mick! Very happy to hear that things are headed in the right direction. We will continue to keep Amy, Connie, You and the rest of your family in our prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom