UPDATE... My son joined the Army

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joebobber

So about a month ago I asked for suggestions on a pen for my son since he just graduated high school and joined the Army National Guard. He leaves for basic July 11th. Anyway, heres what I came up with. I used an Army fatigue micarta blank from Ken Frisbee on a Desire kit from McKenzie. I also turned it way down and cast an Army button onto the cap.
My son today came out when I was working on my boat in his fatigues and asked me to make him a pen with a tight clip for them. He leaves in 3 weeks for basic and he has already recieved 2 promotions. 1 for getting his buddy to join and 1 for passing some test at drill 2 months ago.

Thank you everyone for the great ideas. I know he is going to love it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230622_214924_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230622_214924_Gallery.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot_20230622_214717_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230622_214717_Gallery.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 124
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joebobber

It was suggested thst I wait until he graduates from boot camp to give it to him, but i dont think i can. His goung away party is July 8th and I might not even be able to wait that long. After basic he goes to Missouri for training so he wont be back until next year. We are going to NC for his graduation though.

Darios

Where in the world did you get an olive drab dyed burl? (I'm assuming burl). Because that is perfect. And married with the brass and button... mwah! :Chef's kiss

qquake

Yes I am very proud of both of my kids. My oldest son was born at 26 weeks gestation, weighed 1 pound 5 ounces. He is on the autism spectrum, and will have to live with us his entire life. He is the postmaster in our town and is really a good kid.
That is very cool!

EricRN

Yes I am very proud of both of my kids. My oldest son was born at 26 weeks gestation, weighed 1 pound 5 ounces. He is on the autism spectrum, and will have to live with us his entire life. He is the postmaster in our town and is really a good kid.
Wow. I'm so glad he's doing well. My middle guy was born at 29 weeks at 3 pounds. There were some hairy days early on. He's 9 now. And huge. Those doctors and nurses in the NICU are truly miracle workers and saints.

Joebobber

Ours was always small up until puberty. Then he grew up and out and fast. Lol. After he was born he dropped down to 18 ounces. We spent 6 months at the NICU. He came home on oxygen and heart monitors. Looking back I can't believe we weren't freaking out or at minimum scared but we never were.

Joebobber

Where in the world did you get an olive drab dyed burl? (I'm assuming burl). Because that is perfect. And married with the brass and button... mwah! :Chef's kiss
Sorry for the late reply, its actually a blank made by Ken Frisbee out of old army fatigues.

Top Bottom