Jeer Up North Burls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnarkouper

Passed Away Sep 21, 2018
In Memoriam
I ordered 6 pen blanks from Cory Norgart at Up North Burls in International Falls, MN. I had a problem paying him on PayPal because twice I paid the wrong address. I paid his address @.com and his is .net. Anyway after I figured that out he got his money. This took 6 days.

Since then I have asked many times for the tracking numbers and he cannot produce them. It is now 11 days since he said he shipped the blanks and I have not received them. Yesterday after I threatened to go to PayPal if he doesn't send tracking numbers, he blew up on the messenger, swore at me several times, and kicked me off of his group "Burls Galore". He is the administrator of this group. He is not responding at all. I could copy and paste his remarks here but it is too bad!

I will start a dispute with PayPal today if they do not arrive.

My opinion of this character is to stay away from and not to privilege him or his Facebook page with the business of pen makers!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Talltim

On his Facebook page he posted back in July that Up North Burls would be closing starting 7/22/2017.

Dehn0045

On his Facebook page he posted back in July that Up North Burls would be closing starting 7/22/2017.

It looks like he also created the facebook group mentioned in the OP back in Dec 2016, he posts stuff for sale on that group page periodically. Many of the familiar names in the online specialty wood community also post in that group - either sales or just interesting stuff. I have bought from at least one of the other sellers, and had a good experience. However, there isn't necessarily a good way to determine which sellers are good and which are not on the various Facebook groups, other than word of mouth. This is one reason why I tend to buy off of eBay more often, reviews are easy and sellers have an incentive to keep customers happy...

Gunnarkouper

Passed Away Sep 21, 2018
In Memoriam
I wasn't aware of him closing down the site. I certainly understand why he is. Customer service is not his specialty.
The blanks did not arrive today so I just opened a dispute with him at PayPal. We'll see what happens.
If anybody would like to see his X rated comments to me please PM me and I will show you what he said.
Thanks for all the information about him.

Gunnarkouper

Passed Away Sep 21, 2018
In Memoriam
The packages were either sent by UPS or USPS. I have talked to both of the drivers that come here and it is very difficult to reverse trace without tracking numbers. Not impossible just difficult and they don't usually do it for several days after expected delivery.

cjester

If you sign up for UPS My Choice (free), you can see everything coming to your address. It's been pretty handy.

USPS has a similar service, called "Informed Delivery." Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be as reliable for packages. I got one package today, and tracking says another will be here tomorrow, but neither are currently in my Informed Delivery list. Still, it's free, so might be worth a shot.

stonepecker

I don't know what is going on.......

I have never had a problem with Cory. He has been a gentleman every time I have spoken to him. I know it is a family run business. If I remember right, his daughter is in change of shipping. Sad to hear he is closing and even sadder to read about this trouble.

Gunnarkouper

Passed Away Sep 21, 2018
In Memoriam
Package arrived today. Cory said he shipped it Sept 23 and it was postmarked Oct 2. He definitely needs some work on his customer service skills.
Note to Stonepecker, if you would like to see Cory's true colors send me a PM and I will copy to you his messages to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom