Unused 2017 prizes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I have three, 2lb Alumilite kits, each with three small containers of dyes that I did not receive until I waas checking out of the hotel. Dave Bell called me Sunday morning and told me that he had received a package from Alumilite that contained these prizes. He left them at the front desk for me. I then recalled that Don Fowler (Alumilite) told me that he would include our prizes in a package he was sending to Dave. I assume he sent Daves order to the hotel to save on some shipping charges. What should we do with these kits?

We also did not give away two $50 gift certificates donated by Rick Herrel. We were suppose to give them away and notify Rick who the winners were. I'll let Rick know. I believe this got over looked due to us not receiving physical prizes.

I'll let you know if I find any additional missed prizes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

I saw that Michelle Farara <SP> also dontated some of her blanks, and I never saw those either

mbroberg

I've not gone through my list yet, I just don't recall us giving away Ricks donation.

As potential donors respond I record what they SAY they will give. When it is received I make ote of that on the spread sheet. So, for example, if Michelle said that she would provide blanks but they are never received she does not get recognized as a donor.

mbroberg

I'm emailing Alumiliate to let them know we still have them and ask if we can give them away through the IAP or if they want them returned.

m4skinner

I was wondering about the alumiliate kits I seen they was donating some but I didn't remember seeing them there. I was going to message Mike or Bob about it but guess I don't need to now. Lol

mbroberg

Here is what I received from Don

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update and that is understandable. I'll let you determine how to get them in the hands of your members. It does have a 3 month shelf life, therefore it would be best to get those into their hands sooner than later.

Thanks,
Don

Suggestions? We could run a closed auction on eBay for them (but I would have to figure out how to do that), run some sort of contest, sell them as a fundraiser, ??????

m4skinner

Here is what I received from Don

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update and that is understandable. I'll let you determine how to get them in the hands of your members. It does have a 3 month shelf life, therefore it would be best to get those into their hands sooner than later.

Thanks,
Don

Suggestions? We could run a closed auction on eBay for them (but I would have to figure out how to do that), run some sort of contest, sell them as a fundraiser, ??????

How much are the kits ?

mbroberg

I don't know of any other prizes that we did not give away other than the Alumilite and Rick Herrells Gift Certificates. Magic, would you like to make a post letting members know what we are going to do? Then do it? I'll get the prizes shipped to the winners (then ship Jason the bill for shipping :))

mbroberg

Rick donated 2 $50 Gift Certificates for any items in his shop. We just have to give him the winner's info.

Alumilite gave 3 kits. 3 containers of powdered dye go with each kit.

Magicbob

Mike, Jeff.
I pulled 5 names
They are :

1) Stan Miklaucio -Aluminite

2) Ron Blais -R. Herrell $50 cert

3) Mike Broberg -Aluminite

4) Cliff Martle -R. Herrell $50 Cert

5) Jeff Brown -Aluminite

Before we go public, I wanted to run it past you guys, in case you don't want to be included....my thoughts, your names came out, fair and square.

We do not have addresses of anyone, so I will have to make a post and ask them to send them to Mike

mbroberg

WF,

I think it best for you to pull another name to replace me. I solicited the prize, it didn't get awarded at the event, then I end up winning it????? Fair and square, yes. Will be misinterpreted, yes.

mbroberg

Just an FYI, I'll be leaving for a nationwide visit the kids and grandkids tour on the 11th. If I don't get these in the mail by then they will have to wait until the 19th.

Top Bottom