Ultrasonic cleaner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ones

I bought a small one used for jewlery at wal-mart. I can put a 9oz highball cup it it. I also just lay my mold on top and let it do its thing. It sure gest alot of the air out.

RHossack

>I bought a small one used for jewlery at wal-mart.

Thanks! Just looked and they had it for $28 so I ordered my
xmas present under the guise that she can clean her jewelry in it
<G>

jttheclockman

When using such item for I think you all call it degassing, what are the secrets??? I am guessing you do not mix your hardener at this time just put the resin in and if you are coloring. How long do you leave in there??? When mixing hardener will this now put back the air bubbles??? Maybe someone can explain their procedure for us newbies. Thanks.

its_virgil

There are no secrets. We've explained it all several times and just recently in a thread a couple of days ago. Here is what I (and others) do. This is for using polyester resin. I can't speak for alumilite or other two part resins. I place a glass jar with the non-catalyzed resin in the ultrasonic cleaner for several minutes. I usually do 8. Then I add the catalyst and zap it again for 4 minutes. How long the catalyzed resin can be zapped will depend on how much catalyst you use. I use 3 drops per ounce and going longer than 4 minutes and it starts getting globby. I pour into the mold and into the pressure tank until it is cured. Curing time also depends on catalyst. I leave it for 4 hours but it is ready sooner. That's just what I do. I do hope this answers your questions and good luck with casting. I look forward to seeing some of your castings.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by jttheclockman

When using such item for I think you all call it degassing, what are the secrets??? I am guessing you do not mix your hardener at this time just put the resin in and if you are coloring. How long do you leave in there??? When mixing hardener will this now put back the air bubbles??? Maybe someone can explain their procedure for us newbies. Thanks.

ahoiberg

john, i'm only speaking from my limited casting experience, but if you're interested in trying casting colors first, ther's not much need for degassing. i have yet to find a bubble in one of my color casts. just gently mix the resin and hardner and you won't incorporate too many bubbles in it. and from what i've seen, most of the bubbles rise to the top on their own once casted.

Top Bottom