Typewriters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

I'm cleaning house. Closets, under the steps...anywhere. Trying to get rid of the things we think we might need/use someday but never touch them. I came across a Hermes 3000 typewriter in very good condition. I see they are selling for $150- over $1200. Now I want to keep it. Also have a Remington Performance ....might be worth few bucks. Who buys these? I'm not an eBay person. Thanks for any suggestions. Just curious what have you come across lately that you will never use but insist on keeping.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Watching to see the suggestions of others. I have an old Smith Corona and saw on eBay they were from about $50 to $150. I am ready to get rid of it, if LOML doesn't find out. ;)

I had a friend shed some light to me - on some things like this about 20 years ago, and he has been a prophet of sorts. So many of our parents and aunts and uncles who grew up during the depression acquired al sorts of what-not things and home use objects after the depression, and the early baby boomers have done similar. If you go to a bunch of flea markets you can find these thing flooding the flea markets today and not as rare as one would think.

That takes me to "Pawn Stars": in the past year, someone took in one of those 1 gallon butter churns. I think the pawn stars paid $300 or so because it was both unique and from a by-gone era. Shucks, They can be had in rural flea markets across AL, MS, AR, TN for $20 - $30. Of course some places that are geared towards unsuspecting tourists sell them for $50+, but no where near what the Pawn Stars paid. I have two my mom had.

Last edited:

Bob in SF

Frank - More fun to use old typewriter for all sorts of projects - including pens - here's my post about it from a couple of years ago:

- Bob

WriteON

Frank - More fun to use old typewriter for all sorts of projects - including pens - here's my post about it from a couple of years ago:

- Bob
Thanks for everyones replies. Bob...as for your creativeness and talent there is No Finish Line.

WriteON

So...junk from the closet continues. Have a few (135)cameras, a Polaroid, a monster RCA VCR video camera. Each is worth enough to try to sell....or keep because they have slight value. Therefor they will most likely go back to the shelf where they came from. I would have been happier if my research said...JUNK...dispose of now!! HELP....Inside of me is a hoarder trying to hoard more.

Try E-Bay... I put an old 35MM camera that didn't work, part of the leather on one side was gone, and a couple of other faults on E-Bay, addressed the faults in my description and wound up selling it for about $50... go figger.

Top Bottom