Tx Flag Bottle stopper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

lwalden

Had a customer request that I try doing a bottle stopper similar to the Texas Flag pens I do.....had problems with the star, ended up having to settle for a colorfill. Comments appreciated....

200682113055_100_4624.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Lyle,
It looks great on my end! I know what the red and white is but is the Blue a cobalt blue dyed BEB?
If you have another one of these laying around I would love to have one!
[:eek:)]

lwalden

Thanks, Ron. If you're serious, I did enough for first run of 6 bottlestoppers so could set one aside for you. The blue is actually a stabilized blue curly maple blank from BB at Ariz Silhouette. I'm finding the curly maple seems to take the dye in a more uniform manner than the burls do.
Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Lyle,
It looks great on my end! I know what the red and white is but is the Blue a cobalt blue dyed BEB?
If you have another one of these laying around I would love to have one!
[:eek:)]

Ron Mc

Lyle,
I agree that the curly maple is more consistent than any burls as far as colors. Have you tried the curly poplar (spelling?) It holds the color very well.
Yes I am serious about enjoying one of these bottle stoppers. I have a great collection of pens made from some "special" turners and your stopper would be a wonderful addition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom