two Christmas Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

I call them Christmas Pens because tomorrow I will give them away. Don't know who will get them. I just make two pens for Christmas day and carry them as we travel to the children's homes and as we stop on the road I will give them to two people who will be working on Christmas day. Because they are working the rest of us can purchase the necessities for travel on the highways.

The wooden pen is spalted something. Not sure what and the other one is polymer clay that was given to me last year. I found them in a box while looking for turning stock for the Christmas pens. The clay had a problem at the nib end so I parted off the bad spot and put a grip on it to salvage the pen. Both have a CA finish. Safe travels to all.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200412256618_spaltpolyclay.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodpens

Don,
That's a great thing to do. I worked shift work for the last 17 years at a nuclear plant. I missed being home more often than not on Christmas. This is my first year of working dayshift with weekends off. I too appreciate those who will be working today. Those are great looking pens too!

WoodChucker

Don, I like that idea and I'm going to do the same. It could really make someones day to get a nice gift like that when there stuck at work. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and now you can take the rest of the day off. [:D] Merry Christmas to you and yours and to anyone else that reading this. [:)]

R.T.

dougle40

Fantastic idea !!! Maybe I'll grab a couple of pens when I go out and do the same thing . We should all be thankful for people like police , firemen , nurses and doctors who will always be there no matter what day it is .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom