Twist Top Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

apple320

I made this one to take the Pilot G2 refills. The nose cone is off a pen I had laying around and the spring I used as well. To advance the refill you twist the cap about 1.5 turns and it is ready to write. From there it is about 3 turns back and the cap comes right off to replace the refill.

Chris
IMG_1155.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

emccarthy

Nice looking pen. Glad to know that there are options other than parker and cross for ink.

Based on your post, I assume you did not have to change the transmission for this to work? did you 'have' to use the tip from the donor pen? Anything else you can share? I'm very interested in trying this.

Edit: one more thing - what was the pen kit you used?

apple320

Nice looking pen. Glad to know that there are options other than parker and cross for ink.

Based on your post, I assume you did not have to change the transmission for this to work? did you 'have' to use the tip from the donor pen? Anything else you can share? I'm very interested in trying this.

Edit: one more thing - what was the pen kit you used?

The only transmission is the cap is drilled so it pushes the refill into the cone where there is a spring. I use donor pens from the dollar store that I find that have screw in cones. The thread on the body was a 1/2 by 13 as it advances the refill in the least amount of turns 1.5 to 2 turns.

Chris

Top Bottom