Twist Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

You need to provide more information.

Are you suggesting that the two sections of the pen separate, or that the insert advances without twisting the pen?

magpens

Yes, more info is required, please.

In particular, it would help to know the exact kit name.

And, which part it is that ... "will fall off".

jttheclockman

If you are talking about the sierra type or even the cigar pens. I try to inform my customers that the pen is a work of art and needs to be treated with care. Do not over turn the barrel when twisting. If it does not twist one way try the other. Sometimes they forget which way to open. But as I make the pen and insert the transmission I always take a pair of pliers and give the tranny a little extra effort to tighten to ensure it is on well. Hand tight does not cut it with those trannys. Make sure you do not grab the striation part that grabs the tube. You do not want to deform it or it will not grab the the tube. I pass this on to customer also when I explain how to change refill.

magpens

But as I make the pen and insert the transmission I always take a pair of pliers and give the tranny a little extra effort to tighten to ensure it is on well. Hand tight does not cut it with those trannys.

That's a good point, John.

Top Bottom