Turned..on a different plane

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken

Here's some recent things I've made on the scroll saw, my first three project as a matter of fact. I learned some lessons doing these, which is the point. The blade caught the waste wood for the first E in the welcome sign, breaking off one of the parts of the E. :( Comments, suggestions, etc welcomed.

Hope you enjoy!
Draken

200671416423_SS2006-01-WelcomeSignCropScale.jpg

2006714164216_SS2006-02-DragonFliesCropScale.jpg

2006714164229_SS2006-03-WhalePuzzleScaleCrop.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

They all look good to my untrained eye, but I especially like the whale. I'm guessing that one has already been claimed by a certain member of your house! Oh, and I like the way you incorporated the shape into one of the puzzle pieces, too!

ilikewood

Hey those are pretty good!

Tom (OldGriz) sells some fantastic patterns and other special goodies for scrollsaw work. He hasn't posted since May, but he might still be looking around here.

Draken

Thanks for the comments all. They were done on a brand spanking new Dremel 1800 scroll station, using the 12 assorted blades which came with the saw. Yep, I broke a few in the process, mainly the pin end ones, and had one or two pop out of the blade holders (regular end blades). I'm goign to soon be purchasing some Flying Dutchman blades, they seem to be highly regarded.

All three were done from patterns (thanks for the credit Jim, but I didn't earn it!) and are in BB plywood except for the puzzle, which is 1" poplar. The puzzle was done specifically for my daughter, she's better at taking it apart than putting it together. She tries, then hands me the pieces and says "Daddy help", which is just so cute.

I've actually been to Tom's website, he does have some great patterns. Right now I'm cutting my teeth on the free patterns, hoping to one day work my way up, as the pay patterns are usually a bit nicer and more complicated. Tom moved to "the other site" when Eagle did, so he can be found over there.

Cheers,
Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom