Turn for Troops "trooper"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The WoodCraft in Milwaukee has sponsored "Turn for Troops" events for many years--at least 10 that I know of. Several years ago, one individual started preparing blanks for the event and assisting in the turning instruction. For at least the last three years, Dave Drickhamer has been personally responsible for producing OVER ONE THOUSAND PENS EACH YEAR for the "Turn for Troops" project. Dave is active in many of the Milwaukee turning clubs, so he keeps the project "on the table" at meetings, enlisting dozens of turners to produce 10, 20, 50---whatever they can "pledge" to make.

This year, Dave has recently had knee surgery and is scheduled for the other knee in a couple weeks, so he is being assisted by another "good guy"-Carl B.
Since there was another thread about "Turn for Troops", I wanted to encourage the IAP membership to congratulate Dave on his past accomplishments and wish him well with his surgeries. He has been a quiet hero for this event, time to have him "take a bow"!!

Thanks for your supportive comments!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Dave, a big thank you for your support of this project. I assist at my local Woodcraft for these events twice a year. great cause.

GaryMGg

Congratulations Dave. Hopefully, the surgery will be easy.
In the past, I ran the ServicePens project here. We delivered a little more than 5,000 pens.
I look forward to getting more turning time in the future and will be supporting our men and women.

Top Bottom