Tube cutting saw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Hey, Mannie, do you think it could be b/c it's the same saw? [:p] But the HF model shows a depth of cut to be 3/4" instead of 1/2" on the PSI model. I still suspect that it's the same saw, but I'll stick to my bandsaw for these operations.

Skye

Hehehahahaaa, when I looked at the first pic, I thought that was the HF link. Anything made of hot orange and grey, that's HF.

Rob

Maybe the one from PSI is so much more expensive ($35.00 more) because it comes with not one, but four jigs to help cut the tubes square!!! [}:)]

Jeez, gimme a break. I actually have the one from HF and it works very well for small, thin kerf cuts. But, it won't handle much of anything bigger than 1/2" without bogging down terribly.

Rob

dfurlano

Hey I use that HF saw to cut my brass casings... except I mounted the vice on the outside.

saw.jpg

Fangar

I bought that saw (HF) with the intent of using it for my casing pens. It would not even go through the brass on the 300 win mags at the primer end. I took it back.

Fangar

dfurlano

Although the blades they give you are not the best that is the 15th casing that I cut in the photo above. I have fiber cut off blades that I use for cutting tubing, they are only a dollar or two a blade.

angboy

And I bet either one works better than using your chop saw to cut a tube like I (very stupidly and slightly painfully) tried not too long ago. Hhhhmmmm. going to HF this afternoon to try to get a pressure pot for dad, maybe I need to get one fo these saws for myself.

Firefyter-emt

Originally posted by dfurlano
<br />Although the blades they give you are not the best that is the 15th casing that I cut in the photo above. I have fiber cut off blades that I use for cutting tubing, they are only a dollar or two a blade.

This is a good idea, but make sure you pony up for a good brand name and a thin kerf, you will be glad you did. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom