Trying to keep my hand in....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Nothing very special. White PR and copper. It took me ages with shaky hands and about 10mins working at a time. Apologies for shoddy phone pics.
Nice to be back in the cave though.....
:D
18.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
18.jpg
9.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Agreed it's a bit below your usual standard. But still a beauty, and much more attractive than anything I've done lately.
Good to see you back in the shed.

Lucky2

It's a special pen to you, it's the first one you've done in a while, therefore special. I like it, the copper and white look good together.

Len

I have a question. On the body of the pen where the nib threads in and the copper collar, how much materiel is left there? I'm just starting on a similar thing and am wondering how it's going to work. I like the look of the copper and the white.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Chris, there is about 1.5mm of threaded pr under the collar. As you can see though, I made the threads long enough to go much deeper into the wider part of the body.
I wouldn't have risked it without the collar.
I was actually going to affix the nib end and then make the finial removable. In fact, the whole pen was going to be a lot fancier, it was planned to be a tri-lobe shape and with wave segments. But I really am struggling with shaky hand and fatigue. I nearly gave up completely after belting my knuckle on the chuck jaws..
Thanks for the comments guys, but I think you are being too kind... ;)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
đź‘Ť "Nothing very special..." for you, is still a superb work. The colors and profile are excellent. I love it.

Chris, there is about 1.5mm of threaded pr under the collar. As you can see though, I made the threads long enough to go much deeper into the wider part of the body.
I wouldn't have risked it without the collar.
I was actually going to affix the nib end and then make the finial removable. In fact, the whole pen was going to be a lot fancier, it was planned to be a tri-lobe shape and with wave segments. But I really am struggling with shaky hand and fatigue. I nearly gave up completely after belting my knuckle on the chuck jaws..
Thanks for the comments guys, but I think you are being too kind... ;)
Hadn't thought about the threads going past the collar. Now I need to make a longer nib. Thanks for the help.

PenPal

Hooray for Skiprat your the Tigers Stripes mate,so original and the shaping is incredible my friend,totally blown away by this pen and so happy for you making it.

Peter.

Top Bottom