Trivia thoughts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

So far this is what Mark and I have come up with.

1. Drawing from correct answers to eliminate time zone issues or different country issues.

2. OR posting at different and random times.

3. Smaller gifts on weekdays? Biggest/highest value gift on the last day?

4. E-mail answers instead of posting. Posting just gives the answer away in most cases.

5. Smaller donations to encourage more to give (and less shipping costs).

Any other thoughts as we should start posting for this really soon!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

The signup page for the Klingspor Group Discount is a form they need to fill out, and when they hit enter it is sent to me as an E-Mail. A similar form would probably be nice for the trivia contest. Each of those E-Mails I get has a topic of Klingspor Signup, or something like that. Maybe as we progress from day to day through this contest the topic can reflect which day the answer is for. Take my word for it - that would be nice! [8D]

Scott.

mewell

I'm here - KP is done ;)

I like the "group" email address called trivia. If a userid called "trivia" is established and a forum that is locked so only admin and trivia can post to it that would eliminate some one accidentally posting (or doing a REPLY). I don't care who get the emails and/or determines the correct answers. If that person wants to either forward the "correct" userids to me for a randomly picked winner or if that person wants to just tell me the winner I'll track that and the prize they get as well as contact the winner and supplier. Would it be good to know WHAT the prize is for the day, or just say "you'll get today's prize"?

Thoughts?

Mark

ilikewood

That would be fine with me Mark. I could sort through the emails, pick the correct ones and then forward the name list to you for random selection (just like you suggest).

It would be nice to pick out the prizes for each day and post it as well, but sometimes it is nice to just "suprise" people.[}:)]

ilikewood

Some initial questions:(please add corrections and additions)

Subject - IAP
1. Who were the three founders of the IAP? (Jeff Brown, Scott Greaves, and ?????) I can't remember the last person.[:I]

Subject - woods
1. Pink Ivory is considered sacred by who? (Zulu tribe)

2. What type of fruit comes from trees that provide us with ebony? (persimmon)

3. What wood was instrumental in the development of accurate navigational calculations...it helped the inventor win the contest for this development? (lignum vitae...clock components)

4. Name at least two woods that have a flower as part of the name? (tulipwood, rosewood, etc. there are several more)

5. When a wood has "tiger stripes", this phenomenon is known as what? (curl).

Member Questions
1. Which IAP member developed "The Flame"? (Bruce Boone)

2. Which IAP member developed "Penartsia"? (Eagle Prisavage)

3. Which IAP member developed "TSW"? (DCBluesman....aka Lou)

4. In the "What do you look like?" discussion, who is the bald wild looking guy with the cats? (just a joke Jeff, but I thought I might use it)

I have a bunch more, but I have to get myself ready for church. I'll post more later, but feel free to add/subtract!!!

Scott

Hi Bill!

As far as I know, it was just myself and Jeff, but then I'm getting old and my memory isn't what it was! :D

Scott.

Edit - there were some early contributors. Tim is probably who you were thinking of - he gave us some valuable feedback on what we were doing, and his brother made the logo for us. SG

mewell

Scott- When you have a chance, would you please send me the list of things that others have donated that we'll be using for the trivia contest? I have added a column for day of week and lined up all the Klingspore items on one spreadsheet, then the stuff from you, Bill and I on one of the subsequent sheets. I still have 24 "slots" to fill if we want to do at least 2 a day.

Bill - The questions look great! I'll try to add some too.

Mark

Scott

Hi Mark!

I'm still getting stuff offered. I'm just about to post another list on the "Prizes" thread. I think that once we start this thing up we will get a bunch of members that want to donate some blanks, and many of those will probably go to the Trivia Contest.

Scott.

ilikewood

A few more trivia questions that come to mind:

Pen knowledge:
1. Name the 6 basic parts of a slimline pen kit? (tubes, nib, centerband, transmission, end cap, clip)

2. When turning certain types of pens, sometimes a section of the upper blank has to be reduced to fit the centerband. What is this reduced section called? (tenon)

3. There are three main types of pen ink delivery systems sold in pen kits. Name them (ballpoint, rollerball, fountain)

4. According to an article on this site by fellow IAP member Penworks, a fountain pen writing end has 3 major components. What are they? (nib, feeder, housing)

5. Name at least 4 types of finishing coatings used here at the IAP. (CA, Lacquer, friction polishes, etc.)

Could use a little input from you guys!! Are these questions what we are looking for, or do we need to go easier/harder? How bout a few ideas on other questions we can come up with?

ilikewood

I like the fungus one...that is a really good one. The other one....I have about 15 sites that have this alot of the same info, so I am not sure on it.(I am building a database for the IAP).

Scott

I think you're doing great! These questions are going to be fun!

I'm just worried about you guys keeping track of all those E-Mails! If you need some more help, I have two other members who have offered! Let me know!

Scott.

ilikewood

I'm already wondering if I made it too hard. I just figured "tiger striped" like tiger maple and tiger pradauk would be a give me. So far only 1 out of 6 have even COME CLOSE.:(

Top Bottom