Tried to get Cute

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I am in the process of making 3 similar segmented blanks with 9 pieces. Normally I taut using System3 T88 epoxy glue. But today I went to my 15 minute epoxy glue figuring I could get all 3 finished today. Well that proved me wrong in that the adhesive set up before I was happy with the clamping. So wasted a blank and had to recut all pieces. Thankfully I had enough material left from the block I cast. Took my time and went back to my trusty epoxy glue and got all clamped up even after I had to adjust some. Lesson learned just do not rush progress. Just so happy to be back in shop, I am trying to play catch up on some blanks. OK rant over.

jttheclockman

what no photos John

Photos you want. Heck that blank hit the floor as soon as I saw I could not save it so it wound up in many pieces. I was a little pissed off because I should know better for this stuff and hate making rookie mistakes. Rarely do I reach for the fast curing epoxy. Took one blank out of clamps this morning and all is well. I am now looking at I hope the segmenting fits on the tube. Before I do the other 2 I better drill and get tube in this one and spin it down. I cut the angle of the segments at 60 degree and maybe should have shortened it. Boy we forget so much when we are away from the shop and doing this stuff on a regular bases. Rookie mistakes. :mad::mad::eek:

Well,.......there's proof if proof was needed, that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks..... :D

Not a case of learning new tricks but a case of remembering the old tricks. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Top Bottom