Trains

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kenny Durrant

Kenny Durrant

This is for my sons girlfriend's dad. He likes trains so this will be a Christmas Gift for him. He's also in California so that where the pen stand comes in. The blank was cast using an actual U.S.Postage Stamp. It's a 2019 Union Pacific stamp. Questions and Comments Welcome.

Attachments

• 8E299F26-1DE6-4386-9B20-E42D7AECC0E9.jpeg
    8E299F26-1DE6-4386-9B20-E42D7AECC0E9.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 7AFCB5CB-5D5A-4D57-A4EB-551F723647E1.jpeg
    7AFCB5CB-5D5A-4D57-A4EB-551F723647E1.jpeg
    506.2 KB · Views: 120
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

I'm usually a lot slower when it comes to Christmas shopping. I made this for my son to pass along the line. I figured if I waited to make it there would be a time crunch and that's when most of my failures seem to happen. Thank You for the compliment

its_virgil

Nice idea using the train stamp. I sure he will like the pen. I have several pieces of boxcar flooring which is T&G hard maple flooring that they turn in edge for the flooring. There is nothing spectacular about the wood but I have made pens for a couple of friends who are train engineers. There are several places that sell reclaimed boxcar flooring in large slabs for counter tops and table tops. I picked up a small (very small) section from a place near Frisco I think it was. Anyway, nice pen and nice work all around.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

jttheclockman

I like the idea and it came out well. I have a few model trains that I want to make soo I hope. I need to get through with all this house work in the next 2 years so that I can finally do what I want in my shop again. Love looking at the ideas coming through this site. I am sure that pen set up will get well used. Thanks for showing.

jttheclockman

I made one of those. I like it, although it's very top heavy.
Yea Jim I can see that. I will make a few different ones like this such as the Train and the Shuttle and believe there was one more. But I will make with a stand so that they can be displayed on a desk. I can not wait to be able to get back in the shop. I am chomping at the bit because I have some ideas I want to try. Other work is getting in the way that I need to get done. Right now I am just enjoying seeing other's work come across the pages. Yours always look great.

Woodchipper

Nice pen and display. You are on the right track! ;)
For you railroad fans, let me suggest a book, Nothing Like It In The World by Stephen Ambrose. It is an amazing story about the building of the Transcontinental Railroad. It's full of history, personalities, obstacles, statistics, etc.

Top Bottom