Toni Ransfield - polymer clay demonstration!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Toni did an amazing demonstration presenting her work, we hope you all learned how much effort goes into her designs...just an outstanding job Toni!

Attachments

• toni.jpg
    toni.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 967
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The wife and I were very impressed with the detail work of this true artist. Some just seem to rise above all others in any given field at a given time. She is in a class all her own and want to thank you and her for allowing us to enjoy her presentation. First class and free flowing information all the way.

walshjp17

My take-away from Toni's presentation is that her blanks are worth every penny you pay for them! As noted above, making PC blanks that look anywhere as nice as Toni's requires a lot of skills that most of us don't have the time -- or patience -- to learn. She is definitely a very skilled and unique artist. I am in awe of her skills and work.

edicehouse

LOL Very true....I did learn something as well...I am going to go broke from buying canes to try to make one.....

She mentioned getting them off of etsy, since she doesn't have time to make them. It seems that you can get them pretty cheap. You can get them 50 for a few bucks up to a few bucks for 1.

navycop

LOL Very true....I did learn something as well...I am going to go broke from buying canes to try to make one.....

She mentioned getting them off of etsy, since she doesn't have time to make them. It seems that you can get them pretty cheap. You can get them 50 for a few bucks up to a few bucks for 1.

Yeah after hearing it takes 5 pounds of clay and many hours to make a cane.. I'll buy the canes and TRY to do what Toni does.. Just stunning work she does..

edstreet

You can also buy pens 12 for $1 at Walmart as well. Age old adage is if you want the Cadillac then you goto the Cadillac dealer. Sure you can make a Cadillac in your back yard but yea lets not go there.

970563_4903540108235_647790039_n.jpg

In the immortal words of my photography instructor who said that imitation may be flattering but show me something that I have not seen before.

navycop

I understand that.. It's just like the snakeskin blanks. You can buy them or make them. I just want to see if I can put my own twist on a clay pen. Nothing against Toni. She does a marvalous job. But we all try to learn from other people with celtic knots, segmenting, swirl blanks, etc..

Last edited:

edstreet

ER ok perhaps I was not at detailed as I should have been (that happens far to often) Just because I do photography does not mean I try to copy Ansel Adams. I do however admire and learn from their work then apply 'my own twist' if you will and make it very personal, very me.

edicehouse

I think we can "try" to mimic her work, but as a kid I tried mimicing the Ultimate Warrior (wrestler) and Wolverine, but some things just will not happen!

Toni

Just to make it clear I said, " I didnt make canes for sale not that I dont make canes anymore:biggrin:"

I had a wonderful time doing the demo!!! I am so happy that everyone that saw it enjoyed themselves.

BeSquare

Wish I had seen it her blanks are amazing. I've made a couple blanks so far with PC. The biggest trouble I have is making sure the canes don't get distorted.

edstreet

Blue Dragon scale on stabilized camel bone knife.
293710_4907132318038_1215850733_n.jpg

Black rose - sorry but this photo needs some work and several re-shoots. I see some mistakes that I made in the photo that I should not have made.
261744_4907133078057_935317355_n.jpg

The photo's I have been posting in this thread was from a pen(s) and blank(s) she brought to the meeting.

Top Bottom