Today’s project

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

Here's one I have been wanting to do for awhile. Bought a dust deputy and the instructions states to drill a couple of holes in the vacuum and bolt the dust deputy and the vacuum together with a chintzy foam block sandwiched between them. Didn't really think much of that idea. There were two vacuum attachment points that were unused. I turned, yes even this was a lathe project, two cylinders and then drilled 1.375 holes in them, that fit snugly over the attachment points. Cut the platform from plywood attached the cylinders added a swivel wheel. Works great no more tippy dust deputy and didn't have to alter the vac.
161BEC15-EB50-4815-8B70-647D5E27B158.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

That is a fantastic idea. I am going to that too, I hope.
Thanks for sharing this idea.
I changed it up a little mid project. I put those little pieces of plywood around the bucket, was going to have just one bucket, but it was still a little tippy. I ended up bolting one bucket down and drilled some air relief holes. In the end, I didn't need the little pieces on there. I bought the two bucket system and it already was drilled for the wheels, so it wasn't like it could be used for anything else anyways.

magpens

Cool !! . . Thanks for showing !!

So what purpose does the outer bucket serve ? .... Is it just there as physical support and anchor for the inner bucket ?

And do the two air relief holes serve any purpose ? ..... Oh, I guess to make it easier to get the inner bucket out.

Last edited:

KenB259

Cool !! . . Thanks for showing !!

So what purpose does the outer bucket serve ? .... Is it just there as physical support and anchor for the inner bucket ?

And do the two air relief holes serve any purpose ? ..... Oh, I guess to make it easier to get the inner bucket out.
Yes the kit comes with two buckets, the outer one you attach 3 wheels to it and then attach to the vacuum. The other bucket, the one that actually collects sawdust and debris, just slides inside. Yes the holes just let the inner bucket slide out easier.

Kenny Durrant

Cool idea. I have the same separator. I didn't want to alter my shop vac either but I was able to use zip ties to secure the handle of the bottom bucket to a handle on the shop vac. They both roll around together pretty well.

KenB259

Cool idea. I have the same separator. I didn't want to alter my shop vac either but I was able to use zip ties to secure the handle of the bottom bucket to a handle on the shop vac. They both roll around together pretty well.
Before today I had mine zip tied together too. Mine was pretty clumsy and still tipped over from time to time. Also it wasn't the easiest to empty.

Kenny Durrant

I don't drag mine around much but it's fairly sturdy. I have two zip ties that keeps its sturdy from side to side and it's close enough at the bottom to keep from tipping forward. As far as emptying it could probably be easier but not bad enough for me to want to do something different. Before I tied them together I was afraid I was going to break the Venturi part of the collector. You took care of all the issues at once with your idea and it looks nice!!

Top Bottom