Time to .............

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Up my penventory and get some more Pheasant feather blanks ready to cast in PR.

Les

DSC03216.JPG
DSC03230.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Roly

How do you stop the feathers from darkening up when you cast the resin. That has been a major bugbear when I use thread wrapping an from fly tying experience I know the feathers darken when they get we.

Beautiful blanks by the way.

Ro;y

i

Kenny Durrant

Wow you.ve done it again. I noticed they're some peacock mixed in as well. I've tried feathers and can make some nice tubes but after casting when the problems show up. Peacock always turns black. On the tubes all the colors are there and they pop. Maybe I should figure out a way to keep them from falling off and stop there. Like Mark mentioned you have a lot of diversity in your skills. Thank You for letting us admire your work.

Sprsbux2

Beautiful blanks! Have you ever tried turkey feathers? I have piles of them and would LOVE to have some blanks with the black tips that are iridescent done if you are interested...? Or if you could point me in the direction of someone who is? I've tried,and all it did was try my patience!...Again gorgeous work,and much respect and humbleness from a guy who has tried several times!

rd_ab_penman

How do you stop the feathers from darkening up when you cast the resin. That has been a major bugbear when I use thread wrapping an from fly tying experience I know the feathers darken when they get we.

Beautiful blanks by the way.

Roly

Never had that problem after I saturated the feathers with Thin CA.

Les

Top Bottom