Time to say hi to all

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CarpenterAnt

Hi everybody, I'm not exactly new, but I am unknown. If you pardon the pun, I've been on the outside looking in through "windows" to view your works of art and play your very intuitive videos.
It's time to stick my head:turtle: in the door and say hello. My name is John; I lived in Massachusetts all my life until I moved down to Asheboro, North Carolina a year ago. This is something I should have done years ago, my wife, daughter and I love it down here.
About three years ago I bought a cheap lathe of 18" with a 10" swing. It was made in China but it's true and works well. I started out trying to make dollhouse furniture but didn't like it.
I found PSI and was hooked, I always had a thing for pens when I was a kid. Of coarse it was only a strait line from PSI to IAP.
It's time for me to start contributing to this outstanding web and real world organization.
You seem to be the best band of close nit brothers and sisters on the web today.
Yours Very Truly; John Sisson

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rollerbob

Well John, as you can see, there is alot of discussion going on about health care, which normally is not,well....the norm. Hopefully some of the other brothers and sisters will chime in and welcome you, until then, welcome from Texas!!!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome John. Thanks for joining in on the dialog sections! :) Since you have experience with doll furniture, the miniature sizing will help the pen turning immensely, but you have already discovered that!

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

There will be some new links coming in the next few weeks, so stay tuned.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome aboard, John. I don't know we're a close knit group, or it we're more
like the Borg.. we just assimilate you. You're now part of the close knit group..

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey John!!!

Thanks for the intro -- your "carpenter ant" is VERY clever.
(Don't tell me, if you borrowed it from a clip art collection!!)

If you've been watching for a while, you EXPECT someone to say,
SHOW US YOUR PICTURES!!!!

(So you shouldn't be disappointed, I will!)

WELCOME!!

Top Bottom