• 41-50 minutes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50minutes-1hour or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneis

Scott is re-writing my instructions and it will be posted as soon as I get some time to go over his changes. I've had company and all sorts of distractions sence he forwarded it to me. I'm hoping to get it back to him by this weekend.

Wayne

dougle40

Just thought that I'd post the latest from the person who's comments started this poll along with my answer to him .

Dog
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougle40
A while back there was a post in this thread stating that penturners could turn a $75.00 pen in 10 minutes and , as a penturner , this left a bad taste in my mouth .

It doesn't take that long to turn a $75 or even a $175 pen, 10 minutes of actual turning time is far more than is needed to actually turn any pen. The prep work is a different story though. With all my prep work done and all my mandrels setup I can easily turn, sand and shella wax 10 to 12 an hour.

BTW I would never spend more than $10 for a pen kit and never make a pen out of material I can't readily get from my scrap bin or firewood pile or unless it is a special order pen or being made as a gift.

Dog ,
You are obviously a far better turner that any of 131 people who posted their times to finish a pen on that poll , all of whom are very experienced pen turners and have probably turned more pens in a week that you have in your entire life.
The only thing that I can say is , I'd hate to see the quality of any pen that you've turned , especially knowing that all you use is scrap woods and cheap pen kits .
As for the price that you pay for kits , once again you very obviously don't care too much about the quality of your wares.
IMHO I personally think that you're just a blow heart who likes to hear himself talk even when you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about .
After reading all the posts that you have made on this forum , there isn't enough money in the world that would ever convince me to attend any seminar that you would be giving .
I'll pass along your last comments to the people who partisipated in the poll and see what , if any , comments they have to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom