Time for a new Digi Camera

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I have a Canon S410 and S400 in the family today, both great performers. Today I'd buy the Canon PowerShot A510 for $200 or the S410 for $300.

KKingery

Thanks Jeff - I know nothing about digital cameras, other than a higher pixel rating is best? I use an old Kodak DX3500 2.2 megapixel right now. It's been a good camera for general use, etc..but does'nt take a close-up worth a darn. Of course, it could be from being lugged around by my teenage kid!

its_virgil

Jeff,
So, you think the A510 will take good pen photos? I have a sony mavica but am not happy with its performance. I have looked at the specs of the A510 and it looks like it would make a nice camera for pen pictures. Were the pics in your album taken with youur S410 and/or S400? I am ready to get something and the digital rebel is out of the question at the moment, even though I have the lenses. Thanks for any more info you may want to share.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by jeff
<br />I have a Canon S410 and S400 in the family today, both great performers. Today I'd buy the Canon PowerShot A510 for $200 or the S410 for $300.

pen-turners

If you can pick up a used Canon Powershot G model I would highly recommend it. I have used Canon exclusively after trying out almost every other brand and thier ease of use and functions are simply the best. If you have any specific questions let me know offline and I can fill you in.

P.S. It has an awesome macro mode!!!!!

Chris

Gary

If you are looking for used or refurbished cameras, Amazon.com is a good place to start. They offer both as well as new.

Originally posted by pen-turners
<br />If you can pick up a used Canon Powershot G model I would highly recommend it. I have used Canon exclusively after trying out almost every other brand and thier ease of use and functions are simply the best. If you have any specific questions let me know offline and I can fill you in.

P.S. It has an awesome macro mode!!!!!

Chris

PenPauli

I just saw the kodak dx7630,6.1 megapixel at office max
for $349plus they throw in a 256mb secure digital card.
Seems like a great deal. Two of my friends have it and
they say it is very easy to use. Also has a 2.2" lcd
display. I think i'm going to get one this week.

jdavis

I use the Canon Powershot A 510 in my Digital photo section of Computer Applications and it does a great job. I think you would be happy with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom