Jeer Timberbits shipping to Singapore

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

My order delivery dated 21 June 2013 to Singapore is still to be delivered by Timberbits. No response to several mails on the non delivery.
Unable to track with 5/6 forwarding agents provided. None of them are valid to track. I have written off the $$$ I sent by Paypal. Lesson for me. Paypal's resolution center will not honour the claim because it exceeds 45 days. I did not dispute with Paypal earlier because Timberbits said it will take more than a month from Australia to Singapore. Free Shipping!!!!! No free lunches and shipping.
Perhaps Timberbits computer shows Singapore to be in Timbaktu.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

timberbits

Hi Stephen

Your parcel number is RQ011340844SG - you can track it on the Singapore Post web sites.

It was posted out to you on the 24th of June - the first business day after you placed the order (you placed it on a Friday afternoon 4:52pm).

According to the Singapost Post website -

01-07-2013 Delivery in progress (DBAKD)
01-07-2013 Delivery unsuccessful, Delivery Advice issued
01-07-2013 In transit to (POAKC)
02-07-2013 Ready for collection at Post Office (POAKC)
16-07-2013 Further processing in progress (POAKC)
16-07-2013 Further processing in progress (POAKC)
17-07-2013 In transit to (ATC)

It indicates that they tried to deliver it you you on the 1st of July but you were not home and they left a card for you to pick up the parcel at your local post office.

On the 17th they have sent it back to us because you didn't go and pick up at parcel (we have not received the returned parcel yet).

Upon further investigations, It appears that your hotmail email address has been compromised and someone has been sending spam from your email address which is why Google has flagged your emails as spam. Our email platform is looked after by Google. Because it was flagged as spam (we receive hundred of spam email every day), we were not aware of your communications with us.

We always respond to emails and it is not unusual for us not to answer to emails.

It is unfortunate that your not happy with our service but it appears that Singapore Post and a hacked email address is what lead to this situation.

As soon as we receive the returned parcel, we can send you a full refund or we can send you out another set today, let us know what you want us to do.

Awaiting your reply (please don't send it as a email because it will probably get flagged as spam again).

Regards

David

Stephen

Thanks David,
I do not understand Singpost was unable to deliver because there is always someone at home i.e my maid and there was no card to collect the parcel. I am also not aware my E-mail has been compromised. I have changed my password. Could you please send another set. Please let me know the additional shipping charges and I will send via Paypal.
Thank you for the clarification and trust you understand my response under the circumstances.
Regards.
Stephen

Last edited:

Edward Po

Hello Stephen:

I am a Singaporean and have ordered twice from David of timberbits. Both times, the service I receviced was good. The arrival of my second order actually caught me by surprised. It arrived at my door way before my expected date while I was away in Taipei. Any enquires via email was also repled promptly. I can't say the same for some other online suppliers.

The only comment I have for David: Product range is rather limited, I would like to see more of the following:

Pen kits especially the higher end type
Wood blank selection
Wood boxes hardware

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks David,
I do not understand Singpost was unable to deliver because there is always someone at home i.e my maid and there was no card to collect the parcel. I am also not aware my E-mail has been compromised. I have changed my password. Could you please send another set. Please let me know the additional shipping charges and I will send via Paypal.
Thank you for the clarification and trust you understand my response under the circumstances.
Regards.
Stephen
I don't think it is unusual for postal services to claim they attempted to deliver a package that they actually had not. In one case there was an "attempted delivery" shown on tracking while the item was actually in another city. Probably it happened because a manually entered (as opposed to scanned) tracking number was entered with a transposed digit or something.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I was worried when I saw my items were being routed through Singapore as well...

But lo and behold, they arrived yesterday (JUST in time for the craft sale this weekend) :)

Considering the free shipping, and the fact that it didn't get stuck in customs for a month, I'm very happy with the Singapore option (against my initial impression) :)

Ambidex

Thanks David,
Regards.
Stephen
I don't think it is unusual for postal services to claim they attempted to deliver a package that they actually had not. In one case there was an "attempted delivery" shown on tracking while the item was actually in another city. Probably it happened because a manually entered (as opposed to scanned) tracking number was entered with a transposed digit or something.

-1 a thousand times..been a faithful employee for 30 + years and have NEVER faked a delivery....and would bslap any of my fellow employees if they did..one of the few times a post ever pissed me off.....and if I'm booted for the reply I can live with that..

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks David,
Regards.
Stephen

-1 a thousand times..been a faithful employee for 30 + years and have NEVER faked a delivery....and would bslap any of my fellow employees if they did..one of the few times a post ever pissed me off.....and if I'm booted for the reply I can live with that..
Don't get yourself all wrapped around the axle.

First, I said "postal services" - plural --the USPS is not the only postal service in the world.

Second, I don't doubt your word that you never faked a delivery, but there are thousands of carriers in hundreds of countries and more than one of them might well have.

Two personal experiences. Prefaced by making it clear that my regular carrier was not the culpret in either case -- she is great at her job and a personal friend as well.

About a year and a half ago we were going out of town for a few days and put in the card to hold our mail at the post office until our return. I was expecting a package to arrive while we were gone. We got back, picked up our mail and no package. I went to USPS entered the tracking number and was told the package had been delivered while we were gone giving the date and time of the delivery. I called the post office and asked if the package was there because it could not have been delivered while I was gone. I was told "no package here". The next morning, early I called the post office again and talked to my carrier. That day she brought the package - it had been scanned as delivered at the post office but it would not fit in the flat they had my mail in so they sat it on the floor and somehow it got moved and something was sat on top of it. Was a delivery intentionally faked? Probably not but the effect was the same a package was scanned as delivered before it left the post office.

Last week I had a parcel pickup at my home....the carrier picked it up, scanned it took it to my mailbox in our Kiosk and scanned it as delivered...10 minutes after she picked it up. It was addressed to Massachusetts - I live in Delaware. That was last week right here in Milford. I posted somewhere else about it. Did the carrier intentionally fake a delivery? Probably not but it does show that mistakes can be made.

These were in the USA. Worse has happened to packages sent to other countries - in fact some countries I won't ship to at all because the odds of the package being delivered are less than 50 - 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom