Timber Wolf Bandsaw Blades

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

I usually use the El Cheapo Band Saw blades for my little 12" Jet bandsaw. I rode the Harley out to my local woodcraft today, badly in need of a new 1/2" 10 TPI El Cheapo. When I got there, they were out and only had the Wolverine Blades in the 82" in stock. So at 29.95 plus tax I figured I would give one a shot (The el cheapos are less than 10 bucks).

It is the best cutting blade I have ever used. I can't believe how smooth and straight it cuts. Not sure why I haven't tried them before now. Anyway, to those that are in need of a new blade, give one a shot. I am truly amazed. I have been read and been told they last longer too!

Cheers,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Originally posted by Dario
<br />If you buy from Suffolk...you'll get it at almost half the price too [;)]

http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/

Dario,

Thanks for the link. Looks like the only sell 1" and up though. Mine will run a 1/2" at most. Still a great deal for others!

James

Dario

James,

They sell all sizes...they make it and Woodcraft just re-bags them.

Call them and they will tell you the best blade configuration for your saw application.

alamocdc

Yep, that's what I did and they were very helpful. James, make sure you run it at the recommended speed (if you can adjust your speed that is)... about 3200 fpm (not rpm) if IIRC. I made a post in Tips, etc. a few weeks ago explaining this. http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8470

JimGo

I called 'em the other day, and they helped me get appropriate blades for my puny 9" Delta. I must have spent 1/2 an hour on the phone with them working through the saw's capabilities, my needs, etc. I wound up buying three blades - for a total of under $50, including shipping. I can't imagine how it is cost-effective for them, but hey, it works for me! Can't wait for them to come in...my blade broke the other day, and now I'm stuck unable to cut my blanks!

Randy_

If you don't already have the information for tensioning the blade, check the Suffolk web site. The Timberwolf blades are made out of a silicon steel and require a different tensioning than regular blades.....less tension, I think??

Dario

Fangar,

I just ordered 3 Timberwolf blades from Suffolk machinery and the total with shipping is $48.00+. The great part is I got one FREE so that is 4 blades for $48.00 or roughly $12.00 per blade!!!

Can't beat that :)

Fangar

That is a smoking deal since I paid 39.99 for one. It is awesome though and worth even that price. I will definately order up from Suffolk. I did the Bloodwood lamination pen, and could not believe how even and thin I was able to get the strips. Thanks again for the link and info...

Randy,

That same info is on the back of the box too. On my jet 12" there is a rough blade tensioning indicator on the rear of the unit. The Timber Wolf blade (1/2") tensions out properly at just under the 1/4" size on the indicator. Wow!

James

Dario

Ofcourse my blades are short...and only 1/2" wide. Cost will vary depending on the size you buy. Don't forget to avail of the one time offer of buy 3 get 1 FREE.

Avoid over tensioning...it will cause the blade to "jump" the tracks [:D] DAMHIKT [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom