Three new woods for me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

My local toy store has finally been able to do some restocking. I went over for glue but they had three woods entirely new to me. Of course I bought some ๐Ÿ˜
63367CF5-979F-45F4-B598-9203375A0AE0.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

The Black Limba looks especially attractive ... and the others are very attractive also !

All three should give you some subtle variations in the tonal mix on your pen blanks !!!

MRDucks2

I recently picked up a piece of the Black Limba, myself, as it looked interesting.

Not sure about the other two. One sounds like Redneck slang. "Why is your daughter grounded?" " Because she Lyptus, and we don't allow ANY backtalk in our house!"

Aniegre - I thought that one was a medical condition. Don't know you could make wood out of it.

Let us know how they turn out. Literally.

๐Ÿ˜Š

greenacres2

Good looking wood Ken. I get to their South Bend store occasionally, but have never made it up to Charlotte. Might've have to buy you a coffee some Saturday morning!
earl

KenB259

Nice haul Ken, I'll be there next Friday before we go to my son's in Coldwater.
Last time I was there they were pretty thin on stock.
Mike
They had quite a bit this morning. You are right though, this past year it has been slim pickings.

KenB259

I recently picked up a piece of the Black Limba, myself, as it looked interesting.

Not sure about the other two. One sounds like Redneck slang. "Why is your daughter grounded?" " Because she Lyptus, and we don't allow ANY backtalk in our house!"

Aniegre - I thought that one was a medical condition. Don't know you could make wood out of it.

Let us know how they turn out. Literally.

๐Ÿ˜Š
The lupus is quite pinkish, not much grain, but that doesn't matter to much in segmenting.

Tim R

Picked up a piece of canarywood there this afternoon. Nicely figured, has some good potential. Grabbed a piece of bloodwood while I was at it.

Attachments

• 20210611_194634.jpg
    20210611_194634.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 54

KenB259

Picked up a piece of canarywood there this afternoon. Nicely figured, has some good potential. Grabbed a piece of bloodwood while I was at it.
I got some nice figured canary wood there a few weeks ago. When I very first started making pens I used some canary wood got done with the first one looked dirty to me. Thought to myself, well I won't use that wood again. Little did I know at the time, I had sanded with the bushings on and had contamination from it. I shy'd away from canary wood a long time. So happy to see that Johnson's have been able to start restocking.

Top Bottom