This took just way too long....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Parrott

This is my version of Ken's design that just took way too long to get something completed. The project involved sled making, new bandsaw blades. Waiting for glue to dry, countless number of blanks for sled testing, and a lot of help from Ken. I still have some work to do with accuracy of cutting and gluing. Hope you like them.

pens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

VERY NICE WORK !!!

Your apprenticeship with @KenB259 has really paid off !!!

Doesn't matter how long they took .... those are very beautiful pens !!!

Congratulations !!!!

Last edited:

Kenny Durrant

Looks great to me. Not sure what "Way too long" Is for you but I've spent over a year trying to figure out a couple of things. I'd say it was time well spent.

howsitwork

I think your " apprentice pieces" are fabulous and beautifully executed. What does the apprentice master say ?

jttheclockman

Heck we should all apprenticeship under you. I have seen some of your classic designs that I still have not figured out. I am sure this will turn into other designs from you. Nice job.

Dieseldoc

Dale: need to explore what things can be done with KEN's jig. I sure enjoy mine and look forward play around with different designs. Like this one. Well done with this group.

Attachments

• IMG_5193.JPG
    IMG_5193.JPG
    721.9 KB · Views: 233

KenB259

Those are very nice. I am glad I inspired you and it was my pleasure answering the questions you had. I know there is still more that jig can do, hopefully we can find them. 👍🏻👍🏻

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Dale, that is a beautiful set. Kudos to Ken. I love seeing these new designs and the exchange of suggestions. (Nice also Charlie). Hopefully I'll get back to being an occasional segmenter again.

Top Bottom