This is a finishing question, but not for pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TellicoTurning

Even though we have a finish forum, this is finish on other things we make, so more appropriate here..

Have a queston for all the <s>experts</s>... make that highly knowledgeable persons about finishes...

one of the styles of hidden cork bottle stoppers I make look like miniature wine glasses turned over the top of the bottle. They got me to thinking - which in and of itself could be a danger - that I would like to make full size wine glasses from wood that can actually be use as wine glasses.

Is there a finish I could put on the inside of the glasses (and I guess over the entire turning to stay consistent) that would not be affected by the wine?

I have a plexi-solution that I made up a while back when the plexi finish craze was going around... I personally never got it to work right for me so I abandoned it... but could that work in the insde of a wooden wine glass?

Are there any woods that I should be especially wary of, not to use, etc... I already know I can't use Paduak... I break out in a nasty rash and itch for weeks after turning it. It's beautiful wood, but nasty to me.

This is example of the little wine glass bottle stopper.. my gallery client bought all I had, but I keep pictures of everything I turn.. most goes on the web-site unless sold..I mark them sold as they are so I don't have something offered that I don't have.
200875013_37-495.jpg

Top Bottom