These took me a while...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sprung

Sprung

Not a while as in length of time working on them, but length of time to get them done.

I turned and finished these blanks quite a while ago - about 18 months ago. I wasn't happy with how the finish came out and set them aside to refinish later on. And they sat on the rack for a long time - I haven't turned a kit based pen since December 2017, so it has been a while. While I sold off a lot of stuff I wasn't going to use, I kept these, as I knew I wanted these as pens for myself. But they sat. Until today - today I finally felt like refinishing them and getting them to be completed pens. Unless someone makes me a very convincing offer, I'll be keeping both for myself.

A pair of Bolt Action Tec pens. One in Spalted Flamed Boxelder Burl. The other in Desert Ironwood. CA finish.

BAT.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well Matt, skills apparently come back quickly. Both pens look excellent and the finish is A-1 from what I see.

Well done, and I hope a bit more leisurely/play time turning is in your future.

Sprung

Thanks, Mark!

I have, thankfully, been able to enjoy some shop time - but have been taking an extended break from turning kit pens as I got a bit burnt out turning them. I've enjoyed starting to make fully custom pens and have really enjoyed spending more time on furniture building. But, who knows, I might start turning an occasional kit pen again now and then.

OZturner

Outstanding Pens Matt,
Great Choice of the Bolt Action Tec Pen Hardware
Superb Spalted Flamed Boxelder Burl, and Desert Ironwood Blanks
Beautifully Turned, Glorious Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom