The wands of luck, so I hope...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from robutacion

robutacion

Hi peoples,

I had a very interesting request from a lady that first enquired about some long pieces of Almond tree wood, she saw the pen blanks but she wanted something a lot longer, she said 18" in the beginning. I knew I had a small slab left that I had cut from an old Almond tree, a few year back, the trunk gave me some unique clean slabs about 15" to 20" about 6 to 8" wide and I cut them at 2"thick, beautiful stuff indeed. Actually, I had a Mr. A game recently, based of some of the wood that trunk produced.

Most has been cut and sold between a flute maker and a wand maker in the USA and UK, I had this one piece left because it had a couple of cracks and a bow that, would make difficult to cut clean flute blanks from so, I kept it.

The lady wanted 2 wands made with this wood, coated with pure Almond oil that I didn't have so, she said she had some so, she was happy to have the wands supplied raw but sanded smooth.

After I work that small slab, I manage to cut 3 pieces at about 1" square, 2 of them were about 16 and the other about 14" so, I had 1 blank spare just in case. She agreed to have one at 16" and the other at 14" so, I selected the worse one out of the long ones, and see if I could cut the wand and clean a crack that was not too deep.

She selected the shape and I printed a copy for reference however, she wanted the handle pieces to have only 1 valley than the 2 in the picture. She also wanted the wands not to have a sharp point so, that was all easy to do.

Now, the interesting thing about these wands was that, this lady is into Astrology and she asked me if was possible to make the 2 wands at a particular day and 2 specific times. The day was Wednesday (just passed) and the working times were approx, 1 hours at lunch time and again 1:30 hours, late in the evening (about 8:00pm), she explained that was important for her to have them made in those times as she said that, they were the specific Mercury times, the wands had to be made, at.

I should also note that, it took over 1 week of almost daily conversations before she finally got the courage to mention her most important requirements. It started with supplying the blanks, then she asked what was need to make these wands, then she said that, she need to find someone to make them and then is when, I knew that she had something in mind but, she didn't know how to approach me without looking, "lunatic"...!

I manage to calm her down when, I offered to make/turn the wands and accept any instructions she had in mind, I would follow her request without questions so, that when she mentioned the Mercury times on that Wednesday.

Some how, I found myself compelled to make sure the wands were made at those specific times, I needed a little less than 1 hour for each wand so, I was safe. Without asking any questions but, understand the importance of her request without really having a good understanding of the significance of Astrology days and times, some how, I felt that, by being helpful and truthful to this lady, I was bringing good "Karma" to me and Merissa and that was enough for me to make sure, things were done as intended.

I done the first and longest one first and made it within that hours I had however, the shorter one, gave me some issues that forced me to spend some more time with it, I was 5 minutes inside of the 90 minutes I originally had so, I was glad that I had decided to do the longest one, first.

I took a couple of pics after I finished both and send them to this lady that evening, she was very emotional and happy that I had respected her wishes and had the 2 wands done as she needed. I felt good to, don't ask me why...!

They were carefully package and sent to her, yesterday morning, she will receive them in the beginning of the week and I know that, she will let me know when see see them/they arrive.

Should I say that, I done my "good deed" for the day...??? I believe I did...!:wink::biggrin:

If anyone here has a better knowledge of the significance of what I was requested to do, please share that with us all...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 328
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 316
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tieflyer

Good looking wands and bonus points for agreeing to the clients requests. I did a quick google of "wand almond oil Mercury". Interesting reading...not my style but it must be important to the client. Good job.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Great job on those wands.
You do have the most interesting stories, George.
I have no idea about the significance of those times, but I bet you've supercharged those wands for good luck. Did you wave them over a lottery ticket before shipping them? Always a good idea to test our work. ☺️

thewishman

George, you share the most interesting stories. Sounds like you took good care of her, just what she asked for. Somehow it makes me feel good, too, that you honored her specific requests. I'll bet she loves them.

1080Wayne

Assuming almond oil does pretty much the same as BLO in popping the grain , those should look spectacular when finished . Did you ask her for a picture of them when finished ? She might feel that that would jinx their performance .

robutacion

Great job on those wands.
You do have the most interesting stories, George.
I have no idea about the significance of those times, but I bet you've supercharged those wands for good luck. Did you wave them over a lottery ticket before shipping them? Always a good idea to test our work. ☺️

Not sure what you mean there but, if is was to do with the cost of making them, sure I have no problem in sharing that, I charged AU$25 per want including the wood, off-course...!

So, did I charge accordingly..??? I didn't need to, I was the one to make the offer and the costs, regardless of her requirements, I was OK with it and I'm sure, she was too so, everyone is happy...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Assuming almond oil does pretty much the same as BLO in popping the grain , those should look spectacular when finished . Did you ask her for a picture of them when finished ? She might feel that that would jinx their performance .

Well, I offered to coat them with some "Arganoil" wood oil I have here but, she was specific about coating the wood with pure Almond oil so, I was happy to sand them all very smooth for her.

Yes, that wood will pop out with a coat of anything however, I did not request for pics after she coats them, I didn't feel that as necessary...!

I may have a look at the issue significance and have a look at the Google search results Tieflyer suggested.

Thanks also thewishman
Sometimes, little things gives you big things, if you know what I mean...!:wink:

PS: As for the "interesting" stories, sure I get plenty however, may not be so much the event but, the way you share it, huh...?:)

Cheers
George

Last edited:

wood-of-1kind

George,

"supercharged" does NOT necessarily mean "overcharged"$$$$. Ed is too kind hearted and I know that he meant it as a compliment. Supercharge = extra, extra good luck is what you put into the magic wand that you made.

robutacion

George,

"supercharged" does NOT necessarily mean "overcharged"$$$$. Ed is too kind hearted and I know that he meant it as a compliment. Supercharge = extra, extra good luck is what you put into the magic wand that you made.

Hahahah, yeah, I though that could be a possibility also, I should have mentioned it also. In fact, the answer to that, really starts from the thread title, I felt that I was bringing some positive energy, by following her requests so yes, they were supercharge with good "vibes"...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Yes. I was referring to an energy charge. Wizards, witches and others who use wands typically engage in a series of hand and arm movements with their wands to let their bodily energy flow into the wand and charge it for their spell of luck, health or whatever when they point it toward or wave it over their subject of the spell. (At least so far as I understand such things :giggle:)

I just imagine that George's careful cutting, handling and turning of these wands along with his precise adherance to the construction times will make these wands especially susceptible to accepting great charges of energy.

Well done mate!

Last edited:
Top Bottom