The Ugly Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Here are the rules I came up with for the Ugly Pen Contest. They are very similar to last year, but I will have judges this year and no poll. I would like to start it on the 1st, cut off entries on the 11th, and announce the winners on the 13th. I would like nine prizes to award, three for each of the three categories. Please take a look and critique. There is still time to adjust. If the dates don't work, please let me know. I will need an entry form for this contest. If we could just update the one from last year that would be great.

Scott.

The Ugly Pen Contest

To Enter This Contest!: THE ENTRY FORM

Welcome to the Ugly Pen Contest! My name is Scott Greaves, and I am in charge of this contest. If you have any question or comment about this contest, please either send me a message through the IAP site, or an E-Mail at ugly@penturners.org. I made up the rules for this contest, and I would be happy to make up some new ones to get myself out of a jam if needed!

This is not a serious contest, although in many ways it may resemble one. It is a contest for serious penturners to use to blow off some steam! Reading anything more into it can lead down that dark and dangerous path to madness! Some have suggested over the years that I helped found the IAP just so I could run this Ugly Pen Contest. I will not stoop to comment on those obviously plausible accusations!

Foremost, this contest involves showing strange and disgusting things that somewhat resemble pens, so that we can all make rude comments to each other about them! This year there will be judges. I don't know who they might be yet, or how many, but there will be judges. And with that, the rules:

1) Your entry must be a pen, i.e. If you could bring yourself to handle it, it would theoretically write.

2) You may submit up to two entries, although I can't imagine why you would want to admit to making this kind of mistake more than once!

3) Entries are submitted by completing this entry form: THE ENTRY FORM! You must include at least one image, or up to three images, of the pen-like item, with or without accompanying story. I encourage you to include a story – we like to watch you squirm! I also prefer that you name your entry, but if you don't I will make up a suitably horrid name. The entry form will require you to include both your screen name and your real name, and your mailing address. This is only for the purpose of awarding prizes. I will not post any identifying information here besides your screen name. Entries posted on this forum will be deleted. You must use THE ENTRY FORM to submit an entry. Don't make us come hunting for you!

4) Entries will be accepted from Wednesday the 1st of February until Midnight (The Witching Hour) Eastern time on Saturday the 11th of February. Winners will be announced by Noon on the most appropriate day of the month to declare the ugliest of pens, Monday the 13th of February. The decision will be final! In the unlikely case of a tie among the judges, I will flip a coin, read some tea leaves, or maybe just make a wild guess to decide the winner.

5) Prizes will be awarded in three categories:
a) Worst Looking Normal Pen. This is the category for those who tried to make a nice pen, but it turned out ugly!
b) Most Disgusting Pen. This is for those of you with the perverse sense of humor, but please, I don't want to see a whole string of Ca-ca pens, and no human reproductive organ pens! Remember, this is a family site!
c) Just Butt Ugly Pen. This is kind of the all-encompassing category for the entry that is truly just the ugliest around!
Please note that THE ENTRY FORM will require you to choose if you are entering for the a) Worst Looking Normal Pen or for the b) Most Disgusting Pen category, or both. All entries will be considered for the c) Just Butt Ugly Pen category!

6) A single entry may win more than one prize, in other words, winning in one category does not disqualify the entry from winning in another category.

7) All entry images and comments become the property of the IAP, to use, or dispose of, as they wish. Yes, blackmail a few years from now is a definite possibility!

8) All entries will be posted by me in this forum after I have received them by means of THE ENTRY FORM. Have patience! I am not that fast. I will get your entries posted as quickly as I am able.

9) You may comment on the entries that I post here, but do not post entries here yourself, and please do not re-post entries with your comment, although you may include one of the entry photos to demonstrate a point (or just to gross people out!).

Now, lets start seeing some entries!

To Enter This Contest!: THE ENTRY FORM

Scott.

Top Bottom