THE SLIMLINE UNLIMITED CONTEST

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Folks here it is,the gold standard of pen contest.....The Slimline Unlimited Contest. The Slimline Unlimited Contest is what all the other pen contest want to be when they grow up. It's the contest all the contest chairmen wish they could run, if only they were smarter, funnier, and better looking. And you my friends can be part of it. All you need to do is

1. Get yourself a slimline kit.

2. Do at least two modifications to it using any means you see fit.

3. Submit your pen by emailing up to 3 photos to D.Oliver.IAP@gmail.com by midnight God's time (aka Mountain Time) August 23rd. Photos should be sized 800 x 600.

4. Soak in the sunshine that seems to eternally shine on you and enjoy the melodies of angels that sing whenever you walk inyo a room and bask in the feeling of knowing members of the same sex want to be you, and members of the opposite sex want to be with you.

Now for the lawyer mumbo jumbo:
Universal contest rules apply. Pens cannot have been or be shown in any public forum before contest is complete, blanks for this contest must be either commerically available or made by you where the work done by you represents the majority of the work required to create the blank. Contest may cause increased confidence and sexiness. Please consult your doctor if you're taking any other medication. Not responible for lost or stolen items.

"I don't always make pens for contest, but when I do, I make them for the Slimline Unlimited Contest. Stay classy my friends." - The most interesting man in the world

Well lets make this a little more interesting shall we!
Prizes

First place......from Exotic Blanks a $50.00 Gift Certificate
Second place ...from Brownsfan2 An Abalone shell blank set for jr Gent $50.00
Third place.....from Smitty a package of kits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I don't understand #2.

You wrote: 2. Do at least two modifications to it using any means you see fit.

I've looked all over my house, and I can't find any MEANS. I'm not even sure what I'm looking for.:confused: The only MEAN thing I can find is the look on my wife's face when I told her I was going to make another pen for a contest. She says "You never win anyway of those contest anyway, so why do you torture yourself?" "I came in 4th one time" I said (pumping out my chest). She said "That's great! You were the highest ranking loser!"

Now that's just MEAN.:mad:

Back to my question. If I do find any of these MEAN things, Just what exactly am I supposed to SEE them FIT? Do I actually have to SEE them FIT, or can I just assume they'll FIT something?

D.Oliver

What I meant by that was that you had to do at least two modifactions (i.e. custom made components, closed end...) with no restrictions on what machinary you can use (i.e. CNC, metal lathe, wood lathe, mills, vinyl cutters....).

Last edited:

BSea

What I meant by that was that you had to do two modifactions (i.e. custom made components, closed end...) with no restrictions on what machinary you can use (i.e. CNC, metal lathe, wood lathe, mills, vinyl cutters....).
You know I was kidding, right?

D.Oliver

Can you do more modifications? How much of the 7mm kit to you have to use?

You have to do at least two. You can do more. As far as how much of the kit...I hadn't thought that all the way through. So let's just wing it. At minimum the cross refill and the slimline tranny.

Ed McDonnell

After an initial flurry of excitement this thread seems to have run out of steam (unlike other much more popular contests with much better looking contest hosts). Maybe it's because everyone is busy planning their entry? I'll bet that's what it is....but I wonder which contest they are busy planning entries for?

I'll bet it is the Maybe Win a Billion Dollars Without Doing Anything Except Clicking This Link contest. But maybe not.....

Ed

D.Oliver

There are still a couple slots left in this contest. Okay actually all the slots, minus one, are left.:tongue:

When you submit you entries please also incude a short description of the pen and the modifications you did. Thanks.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
As much fun as entering Dereks wild ride and pen making contests can be

I have an important announcement to make. (Or I have to include him anyway......)
Thanks to the generosity of the members and vendors here at IAP we will be adding a prize to be awarded in a random drawing from any non winning entries into this contest.

The random Prize for this contest is from Robutacion a $40.00 gift certificate from his website.

Thanks George

chartle

Can you do more modifications? How much of the 7mm kit to you have to use?

You have to do at least two. You can do more. As far as how much of the kit...I hadn't thought that all the way through. So let's just wing it. At minimum the cross refill and the slimline tranny.

Ok finishing up one of my possible entries.

Do any of the 3 pics have to show the refill and the slimline tranny? The one I have now is a somewhat standard slimline, but if i can pull it off, the second I could pick from is possibly out there.

Now I have never seen any of the former winners, if they are even posted, since I don't want to be swayed in my design.

D.Oliver

Nope, none of the pictures have to show the tranny, but you can if you want to. I'll leave it up to the entrants as to what the pictures show.

Skie_M

Ok, but if anybody feels the need to post a picture of a naked transvestite holding the pen someplace it really doesn't belong, I'm outta here...

D.Oliver

Okay folks I have sent emails to all those who have entered. If you haven't received an email from me I didn't get you entry. Check those inboxes!

D.Oliver

I'm new here so now what happens?

:music:

3. Submit your pen by emailing up to 3 photos to D.Oliver.IAP@gmail.com by midnight God's time (aka Mountain Time) August 23rd. Photos should be sized 800 x 600.

4. Soak in the sunshine that seems to eternally shine on you and enjoy the melodies of angels that sing whenever you walk inyo a room and bask in the feeling of knowing members of the same sex want to be you, and members of the opposite sex want to be with you.

You're now at step 4. But if you mean after step four, then after the deadline for entries has closed I will make a thread will all the pens included. IAP membership will then vote on the winners.

chartle

I'm new here so now what happens?

:music:

You're now at step 4. But if you mean after step four, then after the deadline for entries has closed I will make a thread will all the pens included. IAP membership will then vote on the winners.

Oh ok I've been very busy with that 4th step since I sent in my entry. :smile-big:

magpens

I have just submitted my entry, at 12:48 pm PDT, by email to you, Derek.

The entry, which includes the required 3 photographs, is titled:

Slimline Unlimited Contest Entry by Mal Phillips ( magpens )

Thank you, Derek, for co-ordinating this challenging and interesting contest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom