The patience of Job

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CFPT

It's a saying that my mother used a lot.

This morning I was doing doing a lathe mod and transposed 1.258" into 1.285". I measured more than twice but wrote it down wrong. In the end my piece did not fit. I started over, and as it often happens, this time I altered the design a bit to work better, but I recognize that this kind of thing happens all the time. I drill too far, I knock the hand wheel on the lathe, I move to fast (or too slow). Such is life but the more complex the undertaking the more there is to get wrong and the harder it is to get to the end. I've been making "advanced" pens for a while now and my wife can attest to my multitude of failures over the years. I've done everything wrong at least twice.

I once read that successful people in any field all have one common trait... they are all willing to endure a tremendous amount of frustration.

So this is just my little post to say "hats off" to all you pen makers. You really are accomplishing something quite remarkable.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penicillin

That's a great quote that I had not heard until now!
The quote above was posted in the back of my old Scoutmaster's shop when I was young. I saw another one that I liked recently (paraphrased from memory):

"Experience comes five minutes after you needed it."

Last edited:
Top Bottom