The Desire is back!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
We happily brought the Desire rollerball back to the market about a week ago. There are still a few (38 I believe) kits in stock and we're working to add a few hundred more.

Some minor tweaks to the original... Primarily around the cap and being able to replace broken clips. Which means a small tweak to the diameter. You'll want the new and improved bushings so we did a three pack that includes bushings at no charge. The new bushings work as TBC or on a mandrel if you prefer.

The finish is a natural (machine polished) stainless so it won't be the mirror polish it used to be. With white rouge and a buffing wheel you can polish it but there was no way we could hand polish them all and eventually keep inventory. Plus I'm just not a fan of mirror polished stainless... Not a great hand feel and shows every fingerprint etc.

Attachments

• 20211227161935_IMG_1074~3.JPG
    20211227161935_IMG_1074~3.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 133
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

Nice looking kit! Simple and elegant. I like the unpolished stainless look myself.

I am curious about the Raven kit... Any word on when that will arrive? (Also been wondering about the finial thread on the Raven kit..based on the photos, it looks like maybe only a couple threads might actually thread the cap onto the finial.)

Jarod888

Ordered a starter kit.

It would be really cool if you did a bundle similar to the liberty one, maybe 3 kits bushings and 3 sets of matching cutoff blanks.

Nice looking kit! Simple and elegant. I like the unpolished stainless look myself.

I am curious about the Raven kit... Any word on when that will arrive? (Also been wondering about the finial thread on the Raven kit..based on the photos, it looks like maybe only a couple threads might actually thread the cap onto the finial.)
Raven is on the list... might be a few months yet. Takes quite a bit of effort to get these to the point where we can have stock and I'm trying not to sell out of everything too fast. The next kit is actually going to be the Coyote... the slimmer version of the Liberty. We made a few tweaks (again) and it's looking good!

The threads are big chunky acme threads. Basically a third of a turn gets them completely engaged. I grabbed that stock photo from Constant and I can see how it might look like there aren't many threads there but it's just the same big chunky acme we use on the Desire, etc.

Ordered a starter kit.

It would be really cool if you did a bundle similar to the liberty one, maybe 3 kits bushings and 3 sets of matching cutoff blanks.
Cutoffs work well for the single tube blanks... not so much with the capped pens I'm afraid. That being said... we are bringing the Coyote out and I'll put together a similar bundle for the Coyote for sure!

Looks like we're out of stock but... I've still got about 100 here to process. Shouldn't be more than a couple days and we'll have more in stock. Then it's on to the Coyote. The ultimate goal is to ALWAYS have each kit in stock but as we scale up we're bound to sell out. The difference is that it won't be out of stock for a year like they used to be. We ARE working through a couple custom orders for long time customers of Constant's though so I expect a few weeks where we don't have a few things as we get those out the door.

Top Bottom