The 2016 Birthday Bash is Coming

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Its almost here! One of the Greatest Shows on Earth! There will be contests,:eek: There will be CLOWNS!:rolleyes::biggrin: THere will Challenges to your sanity from the Devious mind Of Edgar with puzzles you cant solve!
We have several new Contests this year, Pen Stand, Pen Box and one we Stole from Curly AND Mack, a ridiculous Pen contest!
We have several favorites returning this year for every level of pen maker, Novice to Expert. A casting contest or two for those that make their own blanks. PHoto contests and Match the pen to penmaker will make another appearance. The Git it Done will be announced and the Youth Contests for the young turners return as well.

We have several new volunteers this year and I appreciate their hard work and dedication!

The Contest Chairs will be posting their contest rules and dates in the coming week. Make sure you review them and if you have questions or comment make sure you make them.

We Have lots of Great Prizes this year, If you would like to Donate a Prize, such as a Gift certificate or a BOB ( Box OF Blanks) Contact Andrew he will be posting a thread just for that purpose.

Get your lathes warmed up, Your tools fully sharpened and start thinking of what Masterpieces your going to be making for the Bash its just around the corner!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

We have several new Contests this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and one we Stole from Curly a ridiculous Pen contest!

What????? I was robbed????? :eek: Who do I report the theft to?????
Dang, I can't even enter. No shop for at least 10 months. :frown: Oh well I'll be smiling from the sidelines.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
We have several new Contests this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and one we Stole from Curly a ridiculous Pen contest!

What????? I was robbed????? :eek: Who do I report the theft to?????
Dang, I can't even enter. No shop for at least 10 months. :frown: Oh well I'll be smiling from the sidelines.

Hmmmmm,

I'm writing the rules for this one and have it credited to MackC. Maybe I'll just call it "The Canuck's Conundrum Pen Contest". :laugh:

Curly

Actually it was mostly LarryinHarrow (I think that's what he went by) that came up with the idea of "hard to hold pen". It was an evolution of a few twisted minds. ;) When Mack posted the picture of "Mimi" that Marla gave him, I added pictures of some of the other pens that were made for that little swap.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
IAP HQ is getting busy preparing for the Bash.

Starting to sort the loads of donated merchandise into individual prize packs.
IMG_1520.JPG

Mugs have arrived.
IMG_1522.JPG

Shirts are ordered and should be here next week.
shirts.JPG

Just about to place a big Uline order for boxes and bubbles.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I've been asked about the schedule for mug & shirt ordering.

I hope to have the t-shirts in hand by the 15th. If that happens, we'll begin taking orders on the 16th, and shipping on the 19th.

This year, there are 125 numbered mugs, 30 pencil cups, and 110 shirts (various sizes based on actual sold last year). The quantities were based on polls I ran late last year.

D.Oliver

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
As Long as you dont give the Credit to Derek......:eek:........ Im ok with it!:biggrin:

As Long as you dont give the Credit to Derek......:eek:........ Im ok with it!:biggrin:

That would have to be called the "Hard to Stomach Pen" contest eh? ;)

Maybe the "Pen As Big as your Ego" pen contest!

Ouch fellas! This what it must feel like to have a glowing pink towel!
Not so good is it? Oil! :biggrin::tongue:

Bikerdad

uhhh, not to be dense and/or obtuse, much less annoying, but could you provide some sort of information regarding the time frame of the Birthday Bash, and clarification as to the location? (Or, more accurately, the lack of physical location but the reality of virtual location...)

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
First you must learn the Secret Handshake, and Password.
Dont tell anyone else but it is held the entire Month of February
It will have a box on the front page over the top of the regular threads with links to the different contests. It will also show up in the regular threads as people post replys.

If you click on the Activities Manager above the "bash is coming" at the top of this page it will take you to the contets preview threads.

Top Bottom