That's right, I've become a pot head

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My favorite is a Caribbean Conch Chowder. Can be a bit spicy, and the conch takes 2-3 days of rewarming to get less chewy. Smells great, and after 45 minutes at 90 feet in the salt water it tastes perfect. Some garlic bread, key lime pie and a shot of rum (if the days dives are done), a perfect sunset meal.

I have made it stateside substituting clams, but when I'm SCUBA diving the conch is available, so its a regular series of meals. My recipe makes about 1 1/2 gallons!

CREID

Only takes like a half hour in a regular pot. It must have really been instant in the instant pot. :p
About 5 minutes to come to pressure and 4 minutes under pressure. Not a lot of difference, I just like to use the Instant Pot. For chili though, 45 minutes to make chili from dry beans. :)

CREID

My favorite is a Caribbean Conch Chowder. Can be a bit spicy, and the conch takes 2-3 days of rewarming to get less chewy. Smells great, and after 45 minutes at 90 feet in the salt water it tastes perfect. Some garlic bread, key lime pie and a shot of rum (if the days dives are done), a perfect sunset meal.

I have made it stateside substituting clams, but when I'm SCUBA diving the conch is available, so its a regular series of meals. My recipe makes about 1 1/2 gallons!
I have never had Conch, but would like to try someday.

WriteON

I have only heard of red, never seen it or tasted it. Maybe its a east coast thing.
Sort of like Pepper Pot with clams.... someone verify. Can't say one is better than the other, Both are excellent. But if you have special recipe....and want to share it...or sell it....or trade it....or lend it........

CREID

Sort of like Pepper Pot with clams.... someone verify. Can't say one is better than the other, Both are excellent. But if you have special recipe....and want to share it...or sell it....or trade it....or lend it........
I just Googled Instant Pot clam chowder and made it.

Top Bottom