Thank you for adding me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

halman

It's been some time since I've turned, but I purchased a new Jet 1221VS and am excited to get turning. I've always wanted to try pen turning, so here I am. I am currently building my lathe stand and got the drawer slides in todays mail. I'm reading things here, on the web, and purchased The Pen Turners Bible and have began reading it. For a new individual entering the craft there seems to be quite a bit to learn about the items needed to start pen turning and the different options, and differences between them. I'm the type of person that wants to have what I need to finish the project when I start. I don't want to get part of the way done and find out I'm missing something. Anyway, I'm sure I will learn lots here. By the way, I am from Michigan on beautiful Lake Michigan.

Hal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BULLWINKLE

It's been some time since I've turned, but I purchased a new Jet 1221VS and am excited to get turning. I've always wanted to try pen turning, so here I am. I am currently building my lathe stand and got the drawer slides in todays mail. I'm reading things here, on the web, and purchased The Pen Turners Bible and have began reading it. For a new individual entering the craft there seems to be quite a bit to learn about the items needed to start pen turning and the different options, and differences between them. I'm the type of person that wants to have what I need to finish the project when I start. I don't want to get part of the way done and find out I'm missing something. Anyway, I'm sure I will learn lots here. By the way, I am from Michigan on beautiful Lake Michigan.

Hal
Welcome from Georgia Hal. I learned to make pens about 20 years ago from a DVD offered for free from Penn State Industries (pen making supplies). They still offer it for free. The other thing I recommend is get the app offered by this forum. Welcome to the addiction. Here's a link to the DVD.

jttheclockman

Welcome aboard Hal. Glad you found us. How did you find us?? I am sure you will get the hang of this real quick. Now of course there are various styles of pens you can make and some take extra equipment and surely more knowledge but any questions fire away. Good luck and have fun.

Top Bottom