Texturing Tool from Rherrell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I decided I needed a texturing tool to fancy up my Hummingbird Houses. After shopping around the usual tool suppliers, and seeing their prices, and OUT OF STOCK notices I thought Rick could probably make one for me. I contacted Rick, and asked him. I gave Rick the round about measurements, and he put this tool together exactly as I needed it to be. Rick made the collar that slides on the tool shaft, and has two set screws to hold it in place. He also ground a flat on one side to set on the tool rest, and pivot. I got all this for less than the brand name tools. I turned the handle from a Walnut blank I had in the shop, and finished it with 4 coats of Doctors finishing polish. Oh and the copper collar came from Home Depot. I'm going to put it to use soon enough. Then I'll post some results here in the Small Items forum. I forgot to polish that part, but I won't lose sleep over it. Thanks for looking!
Texturing tool 1.jpg
Texturing Tool 2.jpg
Texturing Tool 3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MedWoodWorx

I decided I needed a texturing tool to fancy up my Hummingbird Houses. After shopping around the usual tool suppliers, and seeing their prices, and OUT OF STOCK notices I thought Rick could probably make one for me. I contacted Rick, and asked him. I gave Rick the round about measurements, and he put this tool together exactly as I needed it to be. Rick made the collar that slides on the tool shaft, and has two set screws to hold it in place. He also ground a flat on one side to set on the tool rest, and pivot. I got all this for less than the brand name tools. I turned the handle from a Walnut blank I had in the shop, and finished it with 4 coats of Doctors finishing polish. Oh and the copper collar came from Home Depot. I'm going to put it to use soon enough. Then I'll post some results here in the Small Items forum. I forgot to polish that part, but I won't lose sleep over it. Thanks for looking!View attachment 339838View attachment 339839View attachment 339840
Nice instrument for sure but why is there a 'collar' midway the shaft of the tool?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice instrument for sure but why is there a 'collar' midway the shaft of the tool?
That collar holds the shaft at your desired angle of approach to the work. It has two set screws on one side of it. If you look at the first photo, you'll see witness marks that help you determine the desired angle.

Top Bottom