Taylor Guitars The Gabon Ebony story

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

montmill

Great solution to the problem of a shrinking supply. We can't sustain use it and throw it away.
My wife looked at a new washer and dryer, the dealer told her it would be better to repair the old one's as they were made much better than anything they're selling now. Our HVAC person told us the same thing about the air conditioner we currently have. He said he'd keep fixing it as long as possible. Happy to do so.

farmer

Great solution to the problem of a shrinking supply. We can't sustain use it and throw it away.
My wife looked at a new washer and dryer, the dealer told her it would be better to repair the old one's as they were made much better than anything they're selling now. Our HVAC person told us the same thing about the air conditioner we currently have. He said he'd keep fixing it as long as possible. Happy to do so.
100% agree

farmer

Pretty cool story. I have a Taylor guitar but mine is made out of Koa Wood. Beautiful wood.
I would love to see your Guitar brother .
My hunter cue
1652828210078.png

farmer

I had a Taylor back when I could still play, also Koa and yes, they are beautiful instruments.

@farmer beautiful cue, what is the turquoise colored inlay made from?

This is my Ariel Carmelli, also ebony but with bubinga.

View attachment 335224
View attachment 335225

View attachment 335226
Now your talking ,
Very nice
Its Ivory spears with Green Malachite inlayed in the center.
PS Bobby hunter is a friend of mine ,
He is the one who turned me on to doing a Emron clear finish.

Attachments

• 1652830710205.png
    1652830710205.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 40

jttheclockman

Going to have to disagree with you there. First off check out Speed Queen washer and dryers. Better than anything they ever made. They are heavy duty rated and you can still get one with the old tranny if you desire. Bought washer and dryer last year and they are well built and they are more efficient water wise and clothes cleaning wise. Same thing goes for HVAC units. They are more efficient today than they were years ago. Yes some things maybe better made years ago but also many things were made with less gizmos and gadgets attached and that is what makes them more suspect to break downs. Just take autos for instance. I will be replacing my gas burner heating system this next month and know for fact they have more efficient materials used and controls that will make life easier. Just because something is big and heavy does not make it efficient.

Humongous

Going to have to disagree with you there. First off check out Speed Queen washer and dryers. Better than anything they ever made. They are heavy duty rated and you can still get one with the old tranny if you desire. Bought washer and dryer last year and they are well built and they are more efficient water wise and clothes cleaning wise. Same thing goes for HVAC units. They are more efficient today than they were years ago. Yes some things maybe better made years ago but also many things were made with less gizmos and gadgets attached and that is what makes them more suspect to break downs. Just take autos for instance. I will be replacing my gas burner heating system this next month and know for fact they have more efficient materials used and controls that will make life easier. Just because something is big and heavy does not make it efficient.
My wife and I have had a Speed Queen washer and dryer for 15 years best machines we ever had. Not one problem the entire time we have owned them. Made in the USA also.

Dieseldoc

I can tell you from first hand eperience. Don't buy any thing made by GE. GE was bought out 2016 by China and the stuff even though much of it's made in the USA it total design junk like from China designers.

jttheclockman

I can tell you from first hand eperience. Don't buy any thing made by GE. GE was bought out 2016 by China and the stuff even though much of it's made in the USA it total design junk like from China designers.
I heard this alot. I just finished redoing my kitchen and put in a GE gas range and GE dishwasher. So far satisfied with choice. I sort of was limited because needed Almond color and not many options out there. The dishwasher is mainly plastic so not sure how that will hold up but stove is fine. My Mom had one for 20 years basically same kind with electronic ignition. If you try to stay away from China made I wish you much luck in whatever you buy.

Painfullyslow

Gotta second this. My top end GE microwave died in under 2 years, diswasher 3 years.

farmer

Thank you .
Love looking at things made from different kinds of wood .
Looks like very nice looking guitar .

farmer

I just replaced my front loader whirlpool washer with a front loader LG washer.
As in noise and spin drying the clothes there is zero comparison.
I am a whirlpool fan ... my whirlpool washer/dryer served me well .
But this new LG is the most quiet washing machines I have ever been around . its smooth , you don't even hear water sloshing around and it spins dries the cloth allot better then my old whirlpool .
I bought the 4.5 cubic foot front loader LG washing machine for 778.00 .on sale out the door.
Highly recommended

Top Bottom