Tail Stock Wobble

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

montmill

I'm making this pen kit: https://www.liebensteiner-shop.de/schreibgeraete/berlin-kugelschreiber/

I first had the problem on my mini lathe where I've had a similar problem but the extra length of the kit seemed to amplify it even more. Here are some photos:

Berlin 1.jpg
These are the bushings for the kit. They screw into the brass.
Berlin 2.jpg
This is the first live center I tried and I've moved to my Robust Liberty to see if the mini was the problem. Same issue here. I also changed to a Nova live center and the problem persisted. I even removed the bushing and put the live center directly into the brass and it still happened. Changing speed helped some but not completely. Any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Not sure what you are asking? When you say tailstock wobble that can be a multiple of things and where it is coming from. Is the blank wobbling? maybe the threads in the tube are not drilled straight. Maybe the tailstock is not perfectly lined up with the headstock. Maybe the live center has the wobble. You need to start somewhere to track down the source. Maybe you can give more detailed info about what you are seeing and what you have checked already. How are you holding the blank in the headstock. if you turn the lathe on without the tailstock connected to blank does the blank wobble? It could all start at the headstock.

Top Bottom