Sycamore

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
So my wife was going to a white santa and the gift you brought was supposed to be "something laying around the house'" you don't mind parting with that someone else may like and is in good condition. Well, I had a sycamore blank laying around so my wife says make me a bowl to take since I took one last year (which was cherry). The bowl is about 5-6" at the top, not quite 3" deep.

The entertaining part is that last year out pastor's wife managed to manipulate the theft of gifts so she could snatch the cherry bowl. This December, she managed to get this bowl as well and the last person picking was looking at her so my pastor's wife was begging for the bowl not to be taken. The final lady ended up not being interested in the bowl so my pastor's wife got to keep it. She then told my wife she is going to watch her anytime she comes to the white elephant exchanges so she knows what bag to go for.

It is all in good fun but the bowl did turn out pretty well overall. This sycamore was dry and turn with surprising ease, expected the wood to be harder than it was.

Attachments

• Sycamore_Bowl2-DEC2023.jpg
    Sycamore_Bowl2-DEC2023.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Sycamore_Bowl3-DEC2023.jpg
    Sycamore_Bowl3-DEC2023.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Sycamore_Bowl-DEC2023.jpg
    Sycamore_Bowl-DEC2023.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 55

montmill

Bowls are always welcome I've found. The fact that she knew the person that made it makes it all the better. That's a very nice bowl and the wood is beautiful. I suspect the word will get out and the pastor's wife may have some competition.

MPVic

So my wife was going to a white santa and the gift you brought was supposed to be "something laying around the house'" you don't mind parting with that someone else may like and is in good condition. Well, I had a sycamore blank laying around so my wife says make me a bowl to take since I took one last year (which was cherry). The bowl is about 5-6" at the top, not quite 3" deep.

The entertaining part is that last year out pastor's wife managed to manipulate the theft of gifts so she could snatch the cherry bowl. This December, she managed to get this bowl as well and the last person picking was looking at her so my pastor's wife was begging for the bowl not to be taken. The final lady ended up not being interested in the bowl so my pastor's wife got to keep it. She then told my wife she is going to watch her anytime she comes to the white elephant exchanges so she knows what bag to go for.

It is all in good fun but the bowl did turn out pretty well overall. This sycamore was dry and turn with surprising ease, expected the wood to be harder than it was.
Zacchaeus would be impressed!! ;)

Top Bottom