Sword of Zelda

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fiferb

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiferb

This has taken more of my time than I care to admit but this is something I made for a young boy's birthday next week (at the request of his mother). It was a lot of fun and learned something I may try to apply to pens. Painting it was not my first choice but that was what was ordered. Thanks for looking.

200737234454_Sword%20and%20Shield.jpg

200737234618_Celtic%20Knot%20Close%20up.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

Brad, the whole thing is spray painted either gold or silver with the exception of the little blue plastic gem in the handle. The wood is a cheap laminated pine board bookshelf I got at Lowe's. If I were to do all over again I would have used a nice maple for the blade and something darker for the hilt, maybe walnut. I wouldn't have spray painted it but that what they wanted. The celtic knot is made of purpleheart. I didn't really measure it but the sword is about 18 inches long. I did do some things new for me. I had not needed to resaw a board until this project (the letter Z on the shield. I've never carved a celtic knot. That was fun and I'll try to do more. I also inlayed the plastic gem, hadn't done anything like that before either. The sword blade is shaped primarily with a random orbit sander and scraper. Thanks for the nice comments.

Mikey

Man, I remember playing the original Zelda on Nintendo when I was a kid. hard to believe that so many years later it is still a polular game.

bradh

Thanks for sharing. My kids are at the age that they would love something like this. I don't think I could carve that Celtic knot, I will have to come up with something different.
Just have to find some free time, that is something all too rare these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom