Surplus Cocobolo left from Bulk Purchase

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings fellow IAP members,

[Edit] All 3 have been spoken for - Thank You everyone. - Dave

As you might know I am a big fan of Cocobolo. I get my pen blanks from a family-run custom furniture business in a small town (population 5000) Northeast of Malvern, PA (The Corporate HQ for Vishay, the company I retired from). They build and sell outdoor garden furniture, planters, trellises, and some flooring all made from exotic hardwoods like Teak, Mahogany, Spanish cedar, Mango, and Cocobolo.

A couple of weeks ago I made a bulk purchase from them and wound up with hundreds of surplus blanks. Thanks to many of you all but about 60 of the surplus blanks have been taken off my hands, however, I still have 3 boxes that have not been reserved or committed to someone. If you are interested in buying a box, the cost is $45 for 20 blanks including Priority Mail Shipping. That works out to $2.25 per blank.

The blanks were all packaged at random, but as you can see from the pictures, there was a lot of color variation, at least on the outside surfaces of the blanks. Even the darker ones look like they have some nice colors under the surface, but it is really hard to tell what they will reveal when they are turned. Some can be quite plain where others have great patterns and variations.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested in one of the remaining 3 boxes that are available. I will send a PM to get your address and send you my PayPal information.

Thank You, and Best Regards,
Dave

Thumbnail of what is for sale (with one box opened up)
IMG_3794 Cropped.jpg

Thumbnails of the bulk purchase before they were boxed up
IMG_3782 Cropped.jpg
IMG_3783 Cropped.jpg

Picture of some of the pens I have made from their Cocobolo over the past 2 or 3 years.
Note that they all start out looking like brown chunks of wood, but once they are turned some are really nice and colorful and others are quite plain. I always consider Cocobolo to be like Forrest Gump's box of Chocolates -- you never know what you are going to get.

Capture Combined.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dougwright

Greetings fellow IAP members,

As you might know I am a big fan of Cocobolo. I get my pen blanks from a family-run custom furniture business in a small town (population 5000) Northeast of Malvern, PA (The Corporate HQ for Vishay, the company I retired from). They build and sell outdoor garden furniture, planters, trellises, and some flooring all made from exotic hardwoods like Teak, Mahogany, Spanish cedar, Mango, and Cocobolo.

A couple of weeks ago I made a bulk purchase from them and wound up with hundreds of surplus blanks. Thanks to many of you all but about 60 of the surplus blanks have been taken off my hands, however, I still have 3 boxes that have not been reserved or committed to someone. If you are interested in buying a box, the cost is $45 for 20 blanks including Priority Mail Shipping. That works out to $2.25 per blank.

The blanks were all packaged at random, but as you can see from the pictures, there was a lot of color variation, at least on the outside surfaces of the blanks. Even the darker ones look like they have some nice colors under the surface, but it is really hard to tell what they will reveal when they are turned. Some can be quite plain where others have great patterns and variations.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested in one of the remaining 3 boxes that are available. I will send a PM to get your address and send you my PayPal information.

Thank You, and Best Regards,
Dave

Thumbnail of what is for sale (with one box opened up)
View attachment 359394

Thumbnails of the bulk purchase before they were boxed up
View attachment 359392 View attachment 359393

Picture of some of the pens I have made from their Cocobolo over the past 2 or 3 years.
Note that they all start out looking like brown chunks of wood, but once they are turned some are really nice and colorful and others are quite plain. I always consider Cocobolo to be like Forrest Gump's box of Chocolates -- you never know what you are going to get.

View attachment 359391
Hello Dave,
I'd like to purchase on of the boxes.
Thanks,
Doug

Top Bottom