Suggestion for the App

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricRN

First off, to the folks who developed and update the App--THANK YOU!!! I use it all the time. It's a great tool for my work.

I had a thought that hit me today regarding some additional functionality that would be useful. It would be great if it were possible to entire parameters for certain dimensions and then have the app return all the pen kits that conform to the search parameters. So, for example, let's say I wanted a pen that had an outer cap diameter larger than 13 mm. You'd plug in >13mm (or something like that), and then it would list all the kits that match that. Let's say I was looking for a single barrel click that takes an 8mm tube. You punch that in, and, presto--all the pen kits that match that spec.

I really have no idea how log it would take to program something like this or add that kind of functionality so maybe this is pie-in-the-sky thinking, especially given that this is a volunteer organization and the time spent developing this app is volunteer time. But thought I'd toss it out there. Maybe there's some way to implement this kind of filtering. I imagine I'm not the only one who would find it useful.

Thanks again to all you do for this forum and for penturners.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks for the kind words. Eric.

The app does allow searches that should accomplish some of what your looking for.

For example, you can enter bushing sizes of 0.427 0.357 and it will list all kits with those diameters. You don't have to type all those characters — 427 357 will yield the same results. You can expand the search with 42 35 - that will give all kits with 420-429 350-359.

Currently the only search term is an implied AND, meaning that a kit must contain all of the search entries to be listed.

I agree that allowing other search options (OR, Less Than, Greater Than, etc) would be nice, and I will add that to our list of possible future enhancements. However, as you surmised, it is not a trivial coding exercise, so I can't make any promises.

Last edited:
Top Bottom