Stupid Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

fmunday

I've got a stupid question. Are there any bushings/bushing sets from Berea that will work with CSUSA Gent's pen? I ordered a couple the other day and, like the idiot that I am, I completely forgot to order the bushings for them!:( I'm gonna order a set but I wanted to try to put one together this weekend.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

Personally, I wouldn't try using another pens bushings for a different type of pen. If the measurements are given in the instructions (and on some CSUSA pen instructions, the bushing measurements are given) you might be able to get away with it. The major problem is the tube size. The gents pen has quite large tubes, so these would have to match as well.

I know this is difficult for us penturners...but be patient!! It will be worth waiting for the correct bushings no matter how hard it is now. (make sure you have the right drill bit sizes as well)

Bill in Idaho

PensofColor

There are no Stupid Questions...

I would not recommend interchanging bushings OR tubes for any pen kits. If you buy a PSI kit, get the bushings for it. Same with the others. The Berea cigar pens, for example, will not work correctly if used with CS tubes or PSI tubes. We have blown up so many kits this way! Make sure you buy the correct replacement tubes too.

It will cost you a few bucks up front, but not as much as one blown pen kit will cost you. You can turn 10 or more pens from one set of bushings, so think of the bushings as costing 30 cents per use (3.00 divided by 10 pens), and not thinking of them as 3.00 per set.

Just my two cents' worth, for what it's worth!

fmunday

Yeah... I know. Don't try using the bushings from one Manf. with the kits from another. I just really really really wanted to turn one of them this weekend.[:(] Can't believe I was so STUPID!!![:(!] The instructions do have the bushing diameters soooooo I might try turning a set of bushings out of some scrap O-O or other hard stuff. If I do that and, I'll let everyone know.

Daniel

You could turn a set of bushings from scrap wood. you just have to be a litle more careful with them and the life span will still be very sort. just use the fitings that mate with that surface as a guide. the end cap for the end bushing. the threaded insert for the other end of the barrel.
etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom