Stopper Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I still need to have something like this made:

ADDED side view. It is a metal "Do Dad" embedded in in the resin.

I need said "Do Dad" to be in the shape of the hawk in the other pic.

Attachments

• bird stopper.jpg
    bird stopper.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 207
  • bird stopper2.jpg
    bird stopper2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Hawk.jpg
    Hawk.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Landon is the bird a carving in the bo7tom of the clear resin or a metal piece poured in place? Side shot?

robutacion

I'm pretty sure it's a piece of metal or plastic cast in clear resin on top of black resin (double poured), Mike...

Yes, I agree with you on that, however, I would bring the attention to the colour Vs effect of the bird on the clear resin...!

I would like also to see a side pic of this piece, as some of the visual effect of the shown pic has to do with the "curvature" of the clear resin (looks like glass to me...???) when it was turned. I white or a silver type bird embedded in the clear resin, will not produce that visual effect.

There would be needed some additional info about the material this bird was embedded on, if glass, the whole things is a different issue...!

PS: After I saw the extra pic of this piece, I realize that my first observation above was incorrect as the top is flat is not curved/turned as I though, my apologies...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Added more info, sorry forgot to add it originally and could not edit it until the thread was approved.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I was trying to find a metal hawk charm on the internet and didnt have much luck the first go around. IF you could find a source for the hawk Im sure there are plenty of members that can cast it for you.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I was trying to find a metal hawk charm on the internet and didnt have much luck the first go around. IF you could find a source for the hawk Im sure there are plenty of members that can cast it for you.
And thus my problem. I was hoping maybe someone could cut that pattern out of brass or something. Not sure, that is why I asked. The set-up fee to have a custom emblem die-struck was just too much.

PR_Princess

Landon, found this do dad. Might not work as it's a bit big, and not a hawk - but hey it IS a bird! :rolleyes:
(You can make the color silver by tinning it with solder.)

Attachments

• BE.jpg
    BE.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 110

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Also I can cut them out of Brass and shine them but do you need more detail than just a relief of the BIrd.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Actually all I need is the flat cutout of the hawk. It is part of a logo of a relative of mine and it would just need to pair up with the label. The name of his vinyard is Glenhawk.

3d like the eagle would have been great but not a requirement at this point for the prototypes I want to do for him. If you think that it is doable, PM me with what it would cost me.

Landon

Top Bottom