Still Here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jonjon

I have not posted for a while. I learned an important lesson; never make a heroic catch at first base with someone running strait at you. It hurts! I ended up with a dislocated clavicle and my arm hanging useless at my side for an agonizing period of time. Fortunately all is on the mend and I hope to be posting some pens soon. Plucking up my courage to try a mickey mouse watch parts pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Oh yea, I did that once in HS, then decided to try College Intramural Soccer... 3 separations later It became apparent I knew nothing about soccer, nor shoulder health. After 4 weeks in a sling when I moved the shoulder there still was a very pronounced "crunching sound." But at age 60 my shoulders are good... the neck, the lower back, the wrists, the long term memory, well maybe not as good.

Glad all is on the mend!

pshrynk

Ouch! Maybe you'll be lucky and the "catch" in your rotator cuff will be at just the right point to release the darts in your game. Helps my game to no end! :rolleyes:

Another recommendation, if you're playing short stop and a line drive comes straight at you, use your glove to catch the ball, not your throwing hand. I pulled that stunt in 1954 as a fourth grader... the ball knocked my right thumb out of socket and it took about 10 or 15 years before I had much grip in that hand... I still get some soreness in that thumb even now some 60+ years since.

Top Bottom