Spring has sprung...but not in Montana

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Thought you might enjoy the storm that's blowing through right now. Two hours ago my wife and I took a walk outside and it was sunny and beautiful, and 46 degrees. Two hours later, nothing but snow and 31 degrees. Prediction is 5" tonight, oh well, good for the upcoming fire season.

lastdayofmarch.jpg

This is a picture taken last year when 5" was predicted. That's 2', but that was last year.

MVIMG_20190128_102623.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dpstudios

I spent the summer of '73 in Big Piney, Wyoming. One beautiful day in early June, about mid-morning, it was in the mid 60's, around
4 hours later, 29 degrees and snowing. Sometimes I miss the mountains, then I see pictures like yours and remember why I moved south.

I spent the summer of '73 in Big Piney, Wyoming. One beautiful day in early June, about mid-morning, it was in the mid 60's, around
4 hours later, 29 degrees and snowing. Sometimes I miss the mountains, then I see pictures like yours and remember why I moved south.

Like you, I love where I live. If you ever need a "mountain fix", let me know I'll step out my front door and send you some photo's:). Never been to New Orleans but plan a trip there some day in the future.

randyrls

Tom; I was in Big Sky (near Boseman) in Feb. It snowed most every night 3-4" and the night before we left it snowed 12". We had to checkout of our rooms on the next morning, but that days' skiing was best of trip. Worth the hassle of changing clothes. Our bus got couldn't get out of the bus parking lot. They had to call a snow plow to plow out the lot so the bus could get out

PS. I DID NOT GO UP ON TOP! I ski for fun.

20200213_112840.jpg

Tom; I was in Big Sky (near Boseman) in Feb. It snowed most every night 3-4" and the night before we left it snowed 12". We had to checkout of our rooms on the next morning, but that days' skiing was best of trip. Worth the hassle of changing clothes. Our bus got couldn't get out of the bus parking lot. They had to call a snow plow to plow out the lot so the bus could get out

PS. I DID NOT GO UP ON TOP! I ski for fun.

View attachment 236156

I do like Boseman Randy, but I don't ski. There's a distillery on the main drag that is really nice, sorry, can't remember the name, but they limit you to just two drinks by law. So it's a nice place to go and just kick back without a lot of noise. They usually have live music too, a guy and his guitar playing in the corner. No food served but if your ever in that area stop by. I don't drink and they do offer non alcoholic drinks which makes it nice.

Tom

thought of you all with this one.

stay safe

Ian

Hey Ian. Nice video but true. So many people don't have any kind of hobby and they spend their lives at the job. My father was that way and died at 66, 4 years after he retired. People need to have something other than their jobs which I realized and have stayed active in the shop. It's a small shop but it's got it's own heater so it's toasty warm and I can do just about any woodworking project I want. This video reminds me of one of our neighbors down the road. No hobbies so I'm pretty sure he's climbing the wall like this guy.

Top Bottom